Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted RH v7 to RH v10 missing styles and background

Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently convertd a RoboHelp v7 project (750 topics) to a RH v10. When I compile and view results, I now have pages with missing backgrounds, missing styles, etc. I have checked and ensured that each topic now references the same CSS.

I have painstakingly opened every page to view which pages have lost the attachement to the CSS, but there seems to be no rhyme, reason, or common thread to why the pages have lost the CSS.

I have opened and viewed the CSS, and all seems well. I have recompiled and the same pages from teh first review are still missing the styles and background.

Am I missing a setting or something I have overlooked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trust you created a backup of the project before upgrading. You may need that.

Try deleting the CPD file and then reopening the project.

If that does not improve things, try Tools > Update DHTML.

In the Topic List you can customise the columns shown. Select CSS there and make sure they are all correct.

In one topic that is wrong select another CSS and save. Then revert to the required CSS. Does that one then play nicely.

Where is your project store? Is the path very long?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are backgrounds defined in your CSS? And on which elements have you set backgrounds?

Do your topics contain any inline styling overwriting the CSS? (Check for style attributes in HTML and a style block in the top of your file.)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After EXTENSIVE research and trial and error, the Help Desk person and myself found that when the project is compiled, the line:

the “text/css” was removed and not present in the final page source code HTML:

We replaced the line from another file, and deleted this line and recompiled, and viewed the files and the background displays properly.

We then copied the very same line and copied it over the original line and recompiled, and viewed the files and the background displays properly. There is apparently a glitch in the system that doesn’t agree with our project.

Regards

Denyse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp