• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe not properly downloading

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I am experiencing the same problem as mike2950 in that, after downloading the newest version of Flashplayer back in February, I can't watch video in IE but I can in Chrome. (My OS is Windows 7 with Explorer 9.) In the interim, I have uninstalled Adobe and re-downloaded it but the problem remains.

Today, I downloaded Explorer 10 (thinking the newer version would better support the newest version of Flash Player). Instead, when I attempted to download Flash Player, it only installed halfway before giving me a message telling me to shut down IE and ID Vault (Norton). This, in itself, is a new development and has never occurred during previous downloads of new versions. But, after exiting IE and turning off ID Vault, the message still indicates that ID Vault is open and I cannot continue with the Adobe download. I have attempted to download Flash Player several times this afternoon and the same thing keeps happening each time.

Flash Player version 11.6.602.180 is indicated as installed on my hard drive as of 3/12/13 but the link you provided to mike2950 gives me a blank box (no animation, etc.) indicating that it's not on my computer.

I'm going crazy here. Can you help?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

I suspect you have the latest version installed, but you might be running into other problems.  First, let's try the basic troubleshooting steps for IE:

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Please let me know if you see the Shockwave Flash component in your addons manager and verify that it is enabled.  Then check for ActiveX Filtering.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you have the latest version installed, but you might be running into other problems.  First, let's try the basic troubleshooting steps for IE:

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Please let me know if you see the Shockwave Flash component in your addons manager and verify that it is enabled.  Then check for ActiveX Filtering.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out that Flash Player was disabled; followed the instructions and now it's working perfectly!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines