• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in Multi-File Search and Replace in RH6?

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2007 Jan 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the 6.0 trial, and one thing I want to be able to do is to replace the variables I put in using JavaScript with the new feature variables in 6.0. So, I went in to multi-file search and replace, and searched for:

<script language=JavaScript>document.write(varProduct)</script>

I copied this code directly from a topic, and pasted it into the Search tool.

I don't even care whether I can successfully copy the code from my new variable for use as the replacement text; I'd be happy if the multi-file search would simply find all occurrences of my original code so I don't miss any during conversion to 6.0.

It keeps coming up as not found, and this concerns me greatly. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a known bug? Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 19, 2007 Jan 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robowriter

I'm assuming you are using the wondrous little applet known as Multi-File Find and Replace.

Unfortunately, this little beastie is like a cat. It frequently has a fussy tummy and loves to hork up furballs. Well, not exactly. Really what it does is fail to properly handle anything with a line break. So you need a tool that does do this. Fortunately, one exists! It is called FAR (Find And Replace). Oddly enough, it was also written by a fellow Microsoft Help MVP named Rob Chandler. (Rob lives in Australia)

You can download a trial version of FAR from the FAR page. Click here to visit the FAR page

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2007 Jan 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Your assumption is correct, Rick. Oddly, in an earlier test, Multi-File Find and Replace actually found the string. After a RoboHelp crash, however, it stopped finding the same string. I'll definitely check out FAR, though.

As usual, I certainly appreciate your help!

Cheers back...Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp