• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with pods

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11aff59be71-7ffd.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrated trying to print online help to a printer. The font is way too small to read at 100%. Changed the setting to not Shrink to fit and the words do not wrap because you force the stylesheet. There is massive white space to the left of the page and the words get cut off. Then you fly-out menu prints on every page and overlays the content on the page. Very poor design! Not customer friendly. I wound up copying and pasting the content into Word so I could control the content formatting. You should review your strategy to rely more on Web display and usability to the customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the PDF version of the “manual” available in the top right corner of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to send a copy of my compiled classic help to a co-worker. What files do I need to include in addition to the .chm file? Since IE doesn't open compiled files, exe, and chm files I will probably need to send it to anothe location for them to access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All your co-worker needs then is the CHM. Outlook will probably strip them so try a zip file. If not, use a site such as cutesendit.

After download your co-worker wil need to right click the file in Windows Explorer and unblock it.

The file must be run from the local drive of the PC, not a server.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp