• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz Navigation Warning: "Un-attempted questions"

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating my  first Presenter 8 quiz. Each time I preview it, I encounter errors and functionality that can't be right, so I'm wondering if my settings are off, and what I should do.  I've set everything up to advance manually.

When I answer a question incorrectly and then "click anywhere" to continue, I get the following error:

Quiz.jpg

When you click No, the error goes away, and you have to manually advance to the next slide. Then it continues on until I answer another question incorrectly. When you click Yes, the quiz goes away. I really suspect it wasn't designed to do all that.

• What did I do to cause this?
  • What is supposed to REALLY happen when you answer a question incorrectly?
  • Why did this happen earlier when I answered questions correctly? There was nothing "unattempted" - I ended up having to remove the slides that created the error in order to advance through the whole quiz.

Thanks much!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any navigation properties set to something other than go to next slide for when the user answers the question correct/incorrect? Have you tried previewing in a web browser (the previewer can sometimes show inaccurate behavior), or publishing the presentaion and then viewing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I selected "Go to Slide (whatever)" so they could go back to view the slide that contains the information. Do you have to do something differently, or in addition to that, in order to get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains the behavior. The quiz is not an open quiz, so once you start taking it, you cannot leave the quiz boundary (between the first quiz slide and the quiz results slide) until the quiz is complete, or you will forfeit the quiz.

You can place review slides between the quiz questions, so that the viewer skips the slides if they get it right, and not if they don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thank you. I'll try that instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources