• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 authorized to read ADE files?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" tablet, and I am having great difficulties opening ADE files from the local library.    The message on my tablet says it is not authorized.   Has anyone had this problem?   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to read them?

There is an app called Bluefire (and other similar ones) that can read any Adobe DRM books, including library books.  You need to download the library books onto ADE on a computer, then copy across the resulting .epub file (sometimes .pdf) to the tablet.  You will find a place in Bluefire to register your AdobeID.

Alternatively, there is an Overdrive app.  That will let you borrow, download and read library books with no need for a PC/Mac or for ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply.  I cant move my ade books from my desktop because adobe digital editions says I have signed in without an ID.  I need a fix to get rid of the  DRM .  Adobe wont let me sign in again with an ID for some reaaon.  

Sent from Samsung tabletsjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:Re: How do I get my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 authorized to read ADE files?

created by sjpt in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

How are you trying to read them?

There is an app called Bluefire (and other similar ones) that can read any Adobe DRM books, including library books.  You need to download the library books onto ADE on a computer, then copy across the resulting .epub file (sometimes .pdf) to the tablet.  You will find a place in Bluefire to register your AdobeID.

Alternatively, there is an Overdrive app.  That will let you borrow, download and read library books with no need for a PC/Mac or for ADE.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5171357#5171357

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant move my ade books from my desktop because adobe digital editions says I have signed in without an ID.

Ah, that is probably the issue. 

Try deregistering your copy of ADE by typing ctrl-shift-D (cmd-shift-D on Mac),

and then registering with a full Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do I type the control-shift-D in the Adobe program, or in what

screen? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the control-shift-D is into ADE.

As I mentioned before, it may be easier for you just to use the Overdrive app and skip ADE altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! It did unauthorize so now I will try the process again.

Sent from Samsung tabletsjpt <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:Re: How do I get my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 authorized to read ADE files?

created by sjpt in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Yes, the control-shift-D is into ADE.

As I mentioned before, it may be easier for you just to use the Overdrive app and skip ADE altogether.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5172280#5172280

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines