• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installation failure - Please close Safari error

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox has disabled flash player with a "Flash player has been disabled for your safety" message, and the option to update Flash Player. When I try to do that, the process starts by downloading AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_11_aih.dmg. I close all browsers, run the installer, but it always gives me the error message: "Please quit the following programs to continue. Safari", even though I don't use safari and don't have it open. I've tried rebooting, error persists.

Other ways to troubleshoot?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Just double check for any process of Safari in Activity Monitor.

Thanks

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also find that you're already using the latest version of Flash Player.  Please visit this page to verify the version you have installed and compare it to our latest release.

Flash Player Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Firefox won't let me run flash player. I have 11.1 r102 installed, which firefox tells me is vulnerable.

I also checked activity monitor, and there is nothing there when I filter on the word 'Safari'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you showing "All Processes" in Activity Monitor?  You might want to try manually deleting the files with the word Flash in the name in your /Library/Internet Plug-ins folder then try installing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turned out to be an app I have installed called "Fluid". Closing that app allowed me to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me it turned out to be MenuTab Pro for Facebook. Until I quit that application during installation I got the "Safari" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines