Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unused File Report not finding unused files

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm using RoboHelp 9 (9.0.2.271). When I run the Unused File Report, it is not finding image files that I know are not used.

I'm working with several help projects that were created in an earliler version of RH (perhaps X5) and within the last year, I upgraded them to RH9. There is a separate folder for Images. From Windows Explorer:

Explorer.jpg

When I run the Unused Files Report and select All Folders or Top Level Folder, I get the same results -- no image files I'm expecting. The path for the report is one level above (i.e., Online Help) the folders in the previous image.

In the Project Manager view, the Images folder only includes a handful of images included in my project. The images in the Project Manager Images folder are located in the root folder, not the Images folder.

project manager.jpg

What do I need to do to have the Unused Files Report also search the Images folder included in the project?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try this:

• Close your project.
  • Delete the CPD file.
  • Reopen your project and run the report again.

Alternatively, you can use my free Image Cleanup script. This can list all unused images as well as delete all these images for you. See http://www.wvanweelden.eu/product/image-cleanup

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Willam-

Thank you so much for the reply. However, the fix didn't work for me. The project is version controlled using TortoiseSVN, so I thought maybe version control was interfering.

I copied the project to a local drive and deleted all of the version control files. Still no luck.

The project I am working with has 5 topics and 4 used images. The images folder includes 14 items. When I run the Images report, only the 4 used images display.

The Unused Files report is finding:

<project_name>.hhp

$rhvariable$.htm

ehlpdhtm.js

ehelp.xml

Any other ideas? Thanks much!

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Did you try the image cleanup script?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp