• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The video downloading is extremely slow after downloading Flash Player Active X (IE) and FP Plug-in

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 on a 64-bit operating system, and have Firefox 19 and Internet Explorer 8. I tried installing Flash Player 11.6.602.171 from the Adobe Website and got an error message right at 47% download "can not contact reliable source." I also tried uninstalling whatever Flash Player I had, but I continued to get the same error message at 47% "can not contact reliable source." Finally, following the advice found in the link below under "Program Bar Hangs During Download," I downloaded Flash Player ActiveX (internet explorer) and Flash Player Plug-In (all other browsers). It appeared that both downloads were successful and I verified that the installation was complete in the link below under "Verify that installation is complete." It says I have Flash Player 11.6.602.171. My issue now is that whenever I watch videos that use Flash Player, the downloading of videos is extremely slow.  For example, a 45 second youtube video might take 30 minutes to watch. I have tried everything (from General Info, Download Issues, Installation Issues, Post-Installation Issues) in this Adobe installation problem page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html but the problem has not improved. Can someone please help me? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like you are having a network issue.  If you give me a couple of example URL's I'd be happy to try them for you.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I went on this link under Progress Bar Hangs During Download

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

and then I downloaded Flash Player directly by clicking the links provided Flash Player for ActiveX (IE) and then Flash Player Plug-In (All browsers).  After my installations were complete, I tried watching any youtube videos or videos on www.ABC.com and the loading of videos was extremely slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems for me watching either youtube or abc.com with Flash Player on my Win 7x64 system.  I've used both IE and Firefox.  This sounds like a networking issue on your side or possibly a third party service/utility interfering.  Try rebooting in safe mode with networking enabled to see if that helps.  If it does, then a third party service/utility is at fault.  If it still continues, and this is a laptop, try using a different network.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The modem was not working properly.  We changed internet service companies and got a faster modem.  Now my problem is solved.  Thanks Chris!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines