• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Once site is up, can clients make changes?

Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering once Muse is set up and hosted with BC, can a client go in and edit -- as they can do with Word Press?

I see there are some changes in Admin panel,  but I don't understand it.  I've read quite a bit online but am missing this aspect.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but there is an option you need to turn on in th esettings on the BC site and you wont be able to make any more changes in Muse.

Muse is a basic web builder tool, So it uploads all the site every time you mkae a change.

IF you want to build a more rich and controlled site using the BC CMS you should look to build the site using coding software such as Dreamweaver or other applications like Coda (mac) or Sublime Text 2 etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam, thanks!

Does that mean if I use DW the client will be able to make changes in BC Admin panel -- and I can also jump back in with DW and update at a later time?

I do use DW, as a designer I find the earleir DW versions were easier so I find myself back and forth between MU and DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anita

Yes, your client would be able to access admin section of the site and make changes.

You can create site from Muse or DW , after publishing the site , adding the users as admin to the site will allow them to login to BC backend and make changes.

You can update your site from Muse or DW while working on the site to make changes.

Regards,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sanjit, that is not exactly true as you should know with regards to Muse. Muse does not work quite the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Liam

I was referring to adding users at BC end and allowing admin access , you are correct as we need to enable the setting under my details.

If that is the case then admin user who has access to Muse will not be able to update the site.

Regards,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines