Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password Rejection

Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get a password to work for me. The password I thought was my password gets rejected, so I go through the process of changing my password, and Adobe informs me that I have successfully changed my password. But when I try to use it to update my Adobe Flash Player, I'm told my password is incorrect (again). This had been going on for two weeks, and even with the help of telephone and text help, the passwords never actually work when I try to use them. I'm now at the point when I get stern warnings on sites that my player is vulnerable and I must update it. But I can't. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Hi,

I assume you are on Mac machine. You need to type the password of your Mac machine. That's the password using which you login to your Mac machine.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a password to download the free Flash Player.  From where are you downloading?  Can you post a screenshot of that prompt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to put a screenshot on this answer. It's a box with a lock symbol, and the prompt "Type your password to allow Install Adobe Flash Player to make changes. It has a box for Name, with my first name in it, and an empty box labled Password. Then the usual Cancel or OK buttons. I've always gotten this box in the past, but my password was always accepted without problems. I have no idea why it's now being so ornery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I assume you are on Mac machine. You need to type the password of your Mac machine. That's the password using which you login to your Mac machine.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's the answer - d'oh. Should have thought of that but I didn't.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Sunil_Bhaskaran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does not work for me.  I just get the earthquake action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines