• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profiler can't connect to AIR for Mobile?

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Anyone else experiencing an issue connecting the FB4.7 Premium profiler to a mobile app?

FB, AIR SDK, debugger plugins, debugger and release projectors and flash playerglobal all updated to the latest version.

In a brand new empty mobile project I just hit the profiler, make a standard config to export to AIR Simulator and set it to iPad as the device. It pops up a white box, waits 15 seconds and:

profile.jpg

- Added full rules to Windows Firewall to allow the application (even down to specifying the port)

- Changed ports and reconfigured the firewall in profiler preferences

- Disabled Windows Firewall completely

- Checked for any FB or Adobe software updates overall, all up to date

- Closed and restarted FB

- Restarted computer overall

Nothing is getting this thing connected. FB4.6 Premium connects up perfectly. As soon as I launch profiler in FB4.6P I get the dialog to choose what to profile, check the boxes, it starts profiling perfectly fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get anyone to say they can start a new ActionScript for Mobile project, launch it on the AIR simulator as an iPad and get the profiler to connect? I'd really like to see if I'm an isolated issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did your steps and it appears to work fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirmation, good to know it's working and the problem is on my end. Here comes a lengthy reinstall..

Edit:

Reinstalled, still doesn't work, same error. Ugh.

I logged into another workstation and activated it there, the profiler works.

I'm mostly putting this here in case someone else has the same issue with the profiler as it's the primary purpose you buy FB Premium over FB Standard. While I like Scout, I don't find it to be an adequate replacement unless your workstation is turbo charged (read: Not a laptop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noting here that I installed it on a different local workstation and again the profiler worked.

I then did what has worked for some people with config issues and made a new user on the laptop that the profiler won't work on. I started FB4.7, made a new project, profiled it and it worked fine.

Sounds like it's going to be a firewall troubleshooting issue. I've deleted my preferences from c:\users\[me]\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\ (nuked the whole folder), prefs were rebuilt for eclipse and FB, profiler still can't connect..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines