• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the file format differ when you Publish locally to hard drive vs. to the Connect Pro server?

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that when I publish locally to my hard drive to review a set of slides, I see a folder full of files. If I click on index.htm within the folder, I can launch the slides.

Presenter Local Publish List of Files.gif

When I publish to the Adobe Connect Pro server, I merely see a url for the link to the course.

Connect Pro Presentation Link.gif

I'm not sure what this url link represents (as far as the file format is concerned):

• Has the presentation been converted to different file format than what is published on my local drive? If so, what format is it in?
  • If  the presentation has not been converted, does the directory structured published to my local drive get replicated on the Adobe Connect Pro server, and the url is merely a link to the "starting file " within that folder (say, index.htm)?
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The published output does not differ between publishing locally and publishing to Connect. The URL on the Connect server does, ultimately, point to the Index.htm or viewer.swf file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources