• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which is the correct .swf file?

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just published a PowerPoint presentation with a Presenter quiz. I want to insert an .swf file into a Robohelp topic - but can't see how to do it. I have several .swf files, and none of them displays anything independently. They apparently weren't compiled into one video file when I clicked Publish, and I don't know what to do with the files in the folder.

With Captivate, you have an .swf file and a index.html file.

The files in the image below are all old .swf files.  The only current date files are in the two folders. But, the files in the data and metadata folders have an .swf file for every slide. I viewed Index.htm after I published to see the results, but when I copy the file elsewhere and try to launch it, nothing happens. So it only works in the folder.

How do I insert a Presenter video into Robohelp? Thanks!

swf.jpg

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presenter doesn't output a stand alone SWF file, so the viewer.swf would be the best option, but all the supporting files would need to be packaged with it. Not sure if you can upload a zip of a Presenter output and use that. You could try publishing as a PDF, but I suspect that will only report views, not quiz interactions.

I think you may be best off reaching out to a RoboHelp expert, I'd contact John Daigle. His website is here: http://www.showmethedemo.com/

You may also want to try the RoboHelp forums... http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp, there are a lot of great people there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources