• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing breadcrumb from popups

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can remove the breadcrumb from the popups (images) and still have them on the topic pages?  Can I create a new masterpage and turn off the breadcrumb just for the popup topic pages?

I am using RoboHelp 10. 

Tx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

That's precisely how you would do it. Associate the Master Page with a Breadcrumbs placeholder only with the topics you want to have the breadcrumbs. Then ensure you disable global breadcrumbs in your Single Source Layout recipe. (if you don't, you will see a "double-helping" of breadcrumbs. And that... well, that, can be pretty... crummy)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOOOW Your good! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

This didn't work.  It removed it totally even though I added it to the topic Masterpages.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This depends on exactly WHERE in the Master Page you added the breadcrumbs placeholder. It has to be OUTSIDE the Body placeholder. If it's INSIDE the placeholder, only new topics will receive the breadcrumbs. Existing topics will remain unaffected.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tax I will try this tomorrow.

Sent from Janet's phone to you.

Have a lovely day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

I tried to place the breadcrumb outside the Body but it keeps moving it into the Body part of the HTML code.  Any suggestions.

<?rh-placeholder type="breadcrumbs" ph-align="2" sep-char="&gt;" home="Home"  usetopicformat="0" ph-style="font-family:Arial;font-size:8pt;font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;" ?>   CODE FOR BREADCRUMB.   I tried placing it in the header .. .didn't work, tried to do this on HTML page, but as soon as I save it gets moved to inside the Body ... how do I get around this?   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> <meta name="topic-comment" content=""/> <meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 10"/> <title>F_Text Page</title> <link rel="StyleSheet" href="default.css" type="text/css"/> <?rh-placeholder type="breadcrumbs" ph-align="2" sep-char="&gt;" home="Home"  usetopicformat="0" ph-style="font-family:Arial;font-size:8pt;font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;text-decoration: none;" ?> </head> <body> <?rh-region_start type="body" ?>

Heading

This is Body Placeholder text for your
  Master Page. Topics created using this Master Page will get this text
  by default. Replace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this video helps to clarify things.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will need to look at it from home -- it is blocked from the Fujitsu server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, just to let you know I got them both working -- close button in popups and breadcrumbs in English and French.

Thank you for your help and ideas.

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick

Can you help me with this one.  I am trying to have the online help open to a full size window or at least at a fixed window size.

I have someone that gave me the code but I am not sure what to do with it or how it identifies the size to make the window of the help when it opens.

This is the code that Guy provided but I don't know where to put the code:Here is the Javascript for the resize window. You can set the attribute to a specific size.

window.resizeTo(width,height)

or

You can expand the window to be the entire screen.

</html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp