• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash will not play video or utube

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the Flash Player several times but when in Facebook or my emails I get the message that I need to download the Flash Player and therefore it will not play any video or utube.  It shows in my Control Panel that it is in fact downloaded.  What do I need to do to get it to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  I have downloaded twice, I see the latest version is installed on my system, my operating system nor the Flash version are showing in the box, indicating it is not installed.  I'm trying to use Shutterfly, and when I make my selection, I'm being told I need to download Flash.  I did!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume both of you are on Windows:

There are two reasons for this behavior:

In Internet Explorer, ActiveX Filtering is not enabled.

Flash Player is not enabled in your browser.

Go through the following page for more information:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html#main_2__Disable_ActiveX_Filt..._

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am using iMac w/10.8

I found a discussion on an Apple forum (see link below).  I just found it am away from that computer for the rest of the day.  Will try these other suggestions when I get home.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/21324959?tstart=0#21324959

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Please try the last question in the Mac section of this doc too.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Sunil, hoping you can maybe help me as well. I just downloaded the newest updated version of flash player, and since then , anytime i click a video, whether on youtube, or any sight, nothing plays. everything else on the page will load except the video. I downloaded the newest player yesterday. I tried my firefox browser and my IE browser, and no videos will play on either. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe,

Please let me know your operating system (Windows or Mac).

Also, please note that after downloading Flash Player, you need to double-click the file you downloaded. Then you need to complete the installation.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I have windows vista . And I did do as you said earlier with double clicking the file. Installation has said complete. Ever since then, no videos will play back when I use my firefox browser. Funny thing is, videos will play if I use my IE browser, but my IE is an outdated verison, not sure if that has anything to do with that. When I do the test from the adobe site to see if I have Adobe installed correctly it shows I do have the newest verison the 11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe,

Flash Player needs to be installed separately on Firefox. Go to the Flash Player download page using Firefox, get Flash Player, and install it.

Ensure that Flash Player is enabled in your machine.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

im sorry, your misunderstanding. I did install the adobe flash update through firefox itself. I did that on 3/24/13. Ever since then no videos will work. Again, I use Windows vista and my computer does show for 100% certainty that the adobe flash is installed with the newest version.  Anytine i click a video, the page will load , and it looks like the video is going to play, but then it just stays black where the video is supposed to be. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines