• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

install failure question

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message stated that Adobe Flash player had expired and that the new version should be downloaded. Repeated attempts failed . Constant bolcked message. Cannot download most Utube items. Download progress bar shows and crosses but no result. What to do? (Neophyte computer illiterate) Thanks, Ron 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

What operating system and browser are you using?  Assuming you are on Windows, please try installing from the appropriate stand alone Windows installers located here:

Installation Problems - Flash Player - Windows

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I have a Macbook. All at once it started "popup blocked" on everything from Utube on, and when asked, it said "your version of flashplayer has expired and you must download the new version". So I tried to do that , multiple times. I click on Download, the little window opens, the bar moves nicely across, and----no results. Then I went to Adobe flash and signed up anew, nothing helpful there either. All I want to do is get bacl to where I can see Utube etc, and not get a black screen with "blocked", Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the same "blocked" message on this page?

Flash Player Version

If so, let's try installing from this file:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.6.602.180/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOPE, go to,say, a Utube posting, get a black screen with "blocked plug-in" on center. Click on it, box drops dpwn says "Adobe Flash player out of date, does noy include latest security updates andis blocked, to continue, download updated version. Try to down load, no dice, and no dice on your suggested url. My MacBook application list shows "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager 11.2.202.235, I am really STUCK here, help!!! Thanks, Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.2 would definitely be out of date and will cause the most recent versions of safari to block it.  Were you able to install from this file?

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.6.602.180/inst all_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I tried that address as suggested in your #2 email (as well as this email) No Joy. What next? And I have to leave to go to a meeting in 15 minutes (5PM EST), not to return until 8 PM, if I am gone please leave me next step, thanks, Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's happening when you try to install via the .dmg that I've linked to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, nothing you have suggested so far aids in any way. ALL of the things I usually open fail and show only a blank screen "blocked". This is very anger producing. What other remedy have you? We need to go further and clear this up, it is unacceptable. HELP, Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

valbin wrote:

Try to down load, no dice, and no dice on your suggested url.

So the installer does not download, or produces an error when you try to run it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I guess you are taking over from Chris, who tried to help me yesterday. i repeatedly get a message to download a new version. I click on download, the little box appears, the bar marches quicly across, but no download occurs. Chris had me try another address , I think to upgrade the install manager, this had NO effect. I am a neophite computer person, 80 yrs old, Don't really know the proper nomenclature. I think the account was set up by my wife, but this is my computer that I use every day. ALL drop-ins are "blocked", no running Utube videos, box screens appear saying "drop-in blocked" if I click on the little message in the middle of a black screen I am directed to Adobe download and the endless loop starts again. PLEASE help!!! Thanks, Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized U said drop-ins when I meant plug-ins. Also, I was just able to open a utube attachment to an email I received, but still cannot open any from the usual site. I am in the process of doing some electrical upgrades and am at a standstill because I really need the instructional videos that are so critical for me. Thanks, Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron,
I think this might be easier if we do a quick desktop sharing session so I can help you get Flash updated.  If this works for you, please send email to ccampbel@adobe.com and let me know a time that works for you.  It shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I try to follow your instruction but the site fails to open, Have tried multiple times. Any ideas? I really WANT to interact here. Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines