Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing 11.6.602.180 on Mac

Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it looks like Adobe has changed the Flash Player install AGAIN.  Different file name, different path to binary.  And now running the installer from the command line no longer works.  PLEASE, no "Well, just double-click the installer" replies... if you only have to worry about one or two Macs and don't mind walking around, that's fine, but that isn't an option in my environment.

Error I'm getting:

Mar 26 12:38:41 imac Install Adobe Flash Player[46160] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

~/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log does not contain anything useful, just old entries on some machines and nothing on others.

Looks to me like someone was just a little too GUI-happy when they packaged this version.  I can't think of any reason to be calling "WindowServer" from the shell.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you are installing from the command line (ie. distributing flash to client systems, etc)?  The Flash Player installer that you are getting from get.adobe.com/flashplayer is an online version that isn't meant to be run from the command line.  For admins that distribute Flash Player, we have a distribution program (http://www.adobe.com/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html) and download site that we host files on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Chris, I did not know about that!  I'll look that material over now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines