• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is library information held and can you change the icons assigned to a book

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using ADE 2.0.67532 (Adobe Digital Editions) and have a couple of questions:

1-In the libraries there are icons associated with the specific books that look like book covers. Is there a way to change these icons (i.e. can I create my own picture and attach it to the book)? It seems to create its own icons when you add a book.

2-This brings up another question, *where* is the information for ADE stored (where is it getting these icons from and where is the bookshelf set-up stored, in another directory somewhere. I don't see anything in the ADE directory itself)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info below for ADE1.7.2,  I think it is very similar for ADE2.0, but not sure.

1. Usually the icon is part of the book and extracted by ADE for display.  Looks as if you can edit/replace the files in 'C:\Users\<userid>\Documents\My Digital Editions\Thumbnails'
  2. Almost all the information for Windows is in 'C:\Users\<userid>\Documents\My Digital Editions' (or similar if yor have a slightly non-standard Windows setup).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines