• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't Flash Player download?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download Flash Player on OS 10.6.8, but all that will download is the installer. When I click on he installer, it simply downloads the installer again. I've gone through all the suggestions on the Adobe site for this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

You'll want to look for Flash Player in /Library/Internet Plug-ins/

You can ignore the folder in your Applications folder. 

As long as you followed me through the installation steps, you should be good.  When I opened the /Library/Internet Plug-ins folder I was just illustrating were the files were installed to.

Assuming you are on Safari, can you please verify that "enable plug-ins" is checked in the security tab of Safari's preferences dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same result: A small window appears, indicating that the file was downloaded. I click on that and I get another file that says to Install Flash Player. I click on that and an icon appears on my hard drive; the icon indicates that it's the same installer as before. So I click on that, and I get a file that says it's the installer. It's going in circles. Awhile back I did get in my applications folder a file labeled "Flash Player.plugin" but clicking on that brings no result.

In my applications folder I now have five icons labeled "Flash Player," all of which simply tell me to Install FP. I also have in the folder four docs labeled "Install Adobe Flash Player.app" but none of them will install FP.

I have had an older version of FP working, but when I received notice that I needed to upgrade, I tried to do that. I also took the advice on the Adobe site to use the FP Install Manager to delete that old version. The deletion worked fine; the installation of the upgrade doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you following the same steps that I do in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSRL0jLrmys&html5=1&hd=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't have Flash Player, I can't view a video, of course. (I tried, though, since I'm an optimist.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to see the video in miniature; when I went to full screen, the screen went blank. Nevertheless, I see that I've followed your (standard) instructions to download Flash Player, but I lost you when you opened up Library. The only Library that I have in Applications holds fonts. Also, in my Applications folder I do have a Flash Player folder under Adobe; the problem is that the only thing in the Flash Player folder is a folder with "Addins."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want to look for Flash Player in /Library/Internet Plug-ins/

You can ignore the folder in your Applications folder. 

As long as you followed me through the installation steps, you should be good.  When I opened the /Library/Internet Plug-ins folder I was just illustrating were the files were installed to.

Assuming you are on Safari, can you please verify that "enable plug-ins" is checked in the security tab of Safari's preferences dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for hanging in there on this, Chris. The "enable plug-ins" in Safari was the problem. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link doesn't do anything other than what happens when I try to download Flash Player from the Adobe Web site: A file downloads; I drag it to my desktop (MacBook Pro), and click on it; a file downloads, except it's simply an app that tells me to download Flash Player (Install Adobe Flash Player.app, which appears on both my desktop and in my Applications folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines