Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiple open .hpjs?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH X4.1.
I'm working on a HTML help project, and much of what I need exists in another HTML help project. Is it possible to have them both open so I can just toggle between one and the other to copy and paste content? I tried opening one and then the other, but apparently RH closes the first one in order to open the second.
-david

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how X4 is for sure, but earlier versions of RoboHelp were Single Document Interfaces, so could only open one project at a time. That said, it was still possible to open a second instance of RoboHelp and open a second project, in order to copy and paste from one project to another. It never allowed you to open the same project in two separate instances of RoboHelp, however. This is because RoboHelp is constantly updating the project as you type. I assume this is still the design in X4. It seemed to be when I ran a demo version of X5.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 19, 2007 Jan 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Hopefully John will pardon my offer of an additional way to accomplish this that may be a bit easier.

Within the existing project, right click the folder where you want the files and select Import off the context menu. Then point at the folder where the other project lives and you can select the HTML files to be imported into the existing project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2007 Jan 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I never mind additional insight. Certainly, that is an easier way to get whole topics copied. I didn't think of it that way, but the "much of what I need" phrase indicates that maybe that is what David wants...

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2007 Jan 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks to you both. I opened the other project in another instance of RH; now I can toggle between the 2. Don't know why I didn't think of it myself. I'm on my way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp