Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Builder 2 --Zzz Refresh Content (Sleeping) ... frustrating and Hanging

Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reposting this from CF forum.

What is this "Zzz Refresh Content (Sleeping) in the progress of CF Builder 2? Any time this comes up, it freezes CF Builder.

This thing in CF Builder 2 is becoming so frustrating.

You can hardly save codes without this thing hanging, I have to restart CFB to get work done

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this exact same issue and it's incredibly frustrating, to the point that I may have to switch IDE's.

To check, Umuayo are you editing files over a network?

This is how I work - projects held on my local Windows Server 2003 development server (for working on multiple work stations and on the same platform as deployment).

I suspect that CFBuilder has issues with network editing as I've noticed problems with this since version 1.

Is there any fix to this? I've turned off just about every option that has been shown to improve performance from various guides.

Would be really good to resolve this as I don't really want to switch to a different IDE.

I'm running the latest 2.0.1 with the Java 7 jvm.dll (though had the same issue with the stock JVM and Java 6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are editing files over the network (Team Foundation Server) with a TFS plugin.

Its a shame CF Builder turned out to be money wasted as there is no update to FIX the software for all these issues.

We have over 20 licenses on site and as I reply to this, we have started looking for a replacement editor.

Shame on YOU ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I might have solved my Issues with CF Builder 2 Hanging.

I noticed there were some plugins activated on startup so I unchecked the below and also unchecked all in the Workspace, so far I have not had any hanging issues

plugins activated on startup eclipse2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting Umuayo.

Hopefully that will fix it, though I wonder which plugin in particular is causing the network editing issues.

I'd think we'd need some of the Aptana ones for HTML / CSS editing, though most can be disabled I bet.

Going to try myself - thanks for posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately as of today 06/13/2013, CF Builder 2 have started hanging again.

So my previous post about unchecking plugins FIX is no longer correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation