• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe application manager is corrupted and I need to contact support! How???

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe application manager is corrupted and I need to contact support! How do I do that. I keep getting sent here???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Hi there,

You can download the latest version of Adobe Application Manager from the below link:

http://www.adobe.com/applicationmanagerpatch/index.html

If you are still facing any issues, please let us know the exact error message that you are receiving and the System details like the Platform and its version.

Regards,

Jairaj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You can download the latest version of Adobe Application Manager from the below link:

http://www.adobe.com/applicationmanagerpatch/index.html

If you are still facing any issues, please let us know the exact error message that you are receiving and the System details like the Platform and its version.

Regards,

Jairaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this, but when starting the application manager it again says it is corrupt. Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith the information JairajMike requested is still valid.  In addition what other Adobe Creative software do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have since uninstalled all of the CS 6 apps and logged into https://creative.adobe.com/apps to try and install the apps I need. When I click on a download link nothing happens, so at the monent I cannot install anything. I am running Windows 7 on Parallels desktop, with Mac OS as the host. I've used this setup before with no issues installing CS 6 from creative cloud.

Attached is a screenshot of what happens when trying to use the Application Manager.

Parallels Picture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Keith do you have any other Adobe Creative software currently installed on your Parallels virtual machine running Windows 7?  Also are you able to install the applications successfully in the host Mac OS operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the acrobat reader and flash player plugin installed in the VM, but didn't consider them part of CS. It works fine on the host.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that is hopeful then.  Keith please remove any currently installed Adobe Creative Applications using the Programs and Features control panel.  Once that is done you can then follow up with CS Cleaner Tool to ensure complete removal.  You can find information on how to download and use the CS Cleaner tool at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Prior to reinstalling the Adobe Application Manager please remove the following directories:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\

The AppData folder is an invisible folder btw so if you are unable to locate the folder please adjust your view options to view hidden files and folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, tried all that, and deleted every Adobe folder I could find and ran CCleaner to clean up the registry. Still have same issue. When I get back into office tomorrow I will try it on another Windows machine to see if it works there. However I suspect something in the Application Manager has changed so that it no longer works in a VM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could also have to do with the virtual machine and how Parallels is passing over the network data.  What applications are you planning on using in the VM btw?  I have installed our software several times on VMs, I use VMs to test install issues regularly, and while I can get the software to install the applications are not very functional due to not having direct access to the physical hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to get Flash Builder installed on the VM so that I can compile an AIR app for Windows. The Mac is my dev machine since it is best suited for iOS & Android development.

I opened the Application Manager on another Windows workstation this morning and it worked fine, so I'm thinking something in the recent Application Manager updates has broke it from working on my VM. Like I stated earlier, I have used the VM setup to install Flash Builder 4.6 orginally, but now need FB 4.7 installed. Currently it keeps failing saying that it is corrupt and must be reinstalled.

I found a troubleshooting doc on the Adobe web site and went thru all the tests regaring network connections and it passed all of those tests. Is it possible to revert to an older AAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No even if you installed an older version you would be updated to the current one as soon as you access the Internet.  Do you have another Windows VM which you can test?

We have already tried removing everything Adobe related in message #8 so I am unsure what else to advise at this point.  The next steps would be to review the DLM logs but I am not sure how far you want to go to get this VM working.

The Download Manager logs are located in %temp%\AdobeDownloads\.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Well, we can try a little more if your're willing. The logs you mentioned have some interesting clues. The below is what is logged upon starting the AAM (I omitted the keys):

03/27/13 12:51:03:395 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 3868 | Update Session is created and key generated is {}

03/27/13 12:51:03:395 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 3868 | Product Session is created and key generated is {}

03/27/13 12:51:03:395 | [WARN] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 3868 | Could not initialize CCM config sig file as XML data

03/27/13 12:51:03:647 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  | UCErrorHandling |  | 3160 |  UCInitialize returned kUCErr_InvalidPathSpecified(may be binaries not present or binaries not signed)

03/27/13 12:51:03:647 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  | DLMNative |  | 3160 | Error occured in initializing updater. Error code: 26

03/27/13 12:51:05:991 | [INFO] | {2675C512-62AB-4B9C-95D7-9F79B318E633} |  |  |  |  |  | 3868 | Going to close the session

03/27/13 12:51:05:991 | [INFO] | {2675C512-62AB-4B9C-95D7-9F79B318E633} |  |  |  |  |  | 3868 | All waiting operations finished for this session

03/27/13 12:51:05:994 | [INFO] | {12ECD5D5-B746-4E9C-AF61-73DFF1CA38C7} |  |  |  |  |  | 3868 | Going to close the session

03/27/13 12:51:06:008 | [INFO] | {12ECD5D5-B746-4E9C-AF61-73DFF1CA38C7} |  |  |  |  |  | 3868 | All waiting operations finished for this session

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith I would recommend contacting our support team at this point for direct assistance with your DLM logs.  Feel free to reference this thread when contacting our support team.  You can reach our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat support is useless as it is constantly busy and unavailable. I removed the VM and installed a fresh new one; got the same problem, so it is definitely something that Adobe has broken in the AAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or it could be Parallels which is causing a communication failure.  At this point though Keith I am sorry but I don't have any additional suggestions to offer in this venue.  I would be happy to review your case if you can post your case number after working with our support team.

You may also want to be aware of Technical support boundaries for virtualized or server-based environments - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/technical-support-boundaries-virtualized-or.html.  Our support team may be able to still review your DLM logs and provide specific suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I finally got thru to chat support and they pretty much refused to help. I read thru the document link you posted and don't see anything that says installation of Adobe products is not supported, but I certainly understand that functionality under a VM cannot be guaranteed. What I would at least like to see on Adobe's part is to offer a way to install the product I need using a stand alone installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith you can install many of the CS6 trials and choose the License this Software option.

Also what is your case number from your interaction with our support team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff i will try that. I didn't keep a record of the case or did I get an email transcript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, while wanting to install just InDesign CS6 on a Paralels virtual machine, I ran into exactly the same problem. The funny thing is, I was able to install the entire Creative Suite from Creative CLoud about half a year ago, without a single problem.

Since I am a Creative Cloud subscriber, I tried the chat as well. Was connected pretty quickly, but as soon as I said Parallels Virtual Machine, the lid was closed, as I "was in violation of the Lincense agreement". It's much like the whole "you can't work from a server share" discussion.

I have managed to install InDesign from the single downloader and Licensed the software, but now I can't run any update because the Updates are taken care of by the Adobe Application Manager.

Anyone have any clues? Anyone have it running in Parallels 8 with Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. I just purchased CC today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dominik Hoffmann are the errors in your installation log identical to what Keith posted in message #13?  Are you also attempting to install the Creative Cloud on a Windows 7 virtual machine using Parallels 8?  Did you try reinstalling the Adobe Application Manager as suggested by JairajMike in message #1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I am not Dominik, I can say I have exactly the same errors as posted by Keith in Message #13. And yes I did try to re-install AAM. I even erased the virtual machine, started over from scratch, and made SURE that the FIRST thing I installed after running all available updates in Windows, was the AAM from the link in post #1.

The only thing I haven't tried because I just don't have the hard drive space to spare is installing Boot camp and trying from there.

At this point I don't think anything is going to happen untill a new version of AAM comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions of an Adobe chat adviser. Those instructions included reinstalling the AAM. I never did look at my logs.

In the end, the adviser suggested I download the trial versions of the software I needed to use and activate them using my Adobe ID. This has worked.

However, for the benefit of this thread, I'd be happy to look up the log file. Not being a Windows person, I am not sure, what %temp% is shorthand for. In other words, where exactly will I find the relevant log file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines