• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why don't my graphics bullets print in IE?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get graphic bullets to print. They look fine on screen (IE9), but don't print to a PDF or hard copy. Tried using different graphics. No difference. See http://www.todeka.co.uk/Print%20test/Print%20Test/index.htm

They do print from Firefox!

PrintTest1.JPGPrintTest2.JPG

Tom Brindley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went to look at this in the zip file you sent me. The zip file only contains the !SSL! folder. What I need is the whole project so that I can see how you have got things set up.

If it is confidential stuff, set up a demo project with one topic and some garbage text.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We've looked at this offline, but I forgot to update the forum. Sorry about that.

This is a browser setting. IE treats bullet images as background images and as such, the user needs to enable a setting in IE to print the bullets. This is a browser limitation. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974128/en-us for more information.

In short, there are two ways to solve this:

1. Teach readers to enable background image printing in IE.

2. Don't use background images to convey important information.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, try this one.

Tom Brindley MISTC

Todeka Documentation & Training

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Removed SPAM bait

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tom

If you provided a link to a project, please send me that link direct.

However, I am confused as Willam's reply suggests you and he have looked at this offline so presumably you emailed him direct as well as me. Also he has indicated the issue is using a background image in the style.

I'm thinking you could get around that by creating a number of list styles in Rh, each with a different image.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp