• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a RH output format that is compatible with publishing out to a CRM, such as Salesforce?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I've always created online help for use with applications or from a browser on the web. I'm now in a position where my users are hardcore Salesforce.com users. So the question becomes - is Salesforce.com a potential platform on which to store online help? Can anyone tell me if there is a format and reasonable method for posting RH online help files into a CRM such as Salesforce.com?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Salesforce.com would appear by its very name to be something you operate using a browser, no?

In that case, why wouldn't WebHelp or Multiscreen work?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would probably have to have Salesforce do some custom programming to make the link to your WebHelp files - I don't believe SF coding is plug & play - contact them for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, it strikes me that you likely need to clarify your question/desire.

I interpreted you to ask what format would work alongside Salesforce.com. Jeff seems to have interpreted you to ask how you might link Salesforce.com to your help.

But in re-reading the question, it would seem you are asking if the help can be actually stored within Salesforce.com, no?

In that case it would possibly seem you are confusing initialisms. As I understand it, CRM is Customer Relations Management and deals with databases holding information about your customers. I'm wondering if you may be confusing this with a CMS (Content Management System) where you store helpful content?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SF has both internal KB structures for help and links to other locations on your hosted SF website, but I'm pretty sure you have to pay for them to mess with the code to allow you to link to your help from within SF. We've got one division round here that uses it for all support & product updates and it's heavily customized. Even they haven't tried putting their help (created in RH) up on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick-

Thanks for your thought-filled reply. I'm sorry my question was unclear and casued confusion. 

I understand the differences in a CRM and CMS. I am asking if the online help (format unknown) can actually be stored and retrieved from within Salesforce.com.

Yes, Saleforce.com does use a browser, but I'm wondering about the possibility of calling online help created by RH from within the structure of Salesforce.com - possibly adding a tab to the UI? Linking Salesforce.com to call an online help system is another possibility.

Thanks-

Leah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp