• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every attempt at install fails. Have no more ideas. Can I get HELP?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we need to see videos on our iMac, "plug in blocked"

appears.  Informed Flash Player must be installed but every attempt fails.  I do not know what the problem is.  All specs ok,

all suggestions listed tried but fail.  No idea where to go from this point!

Can anyone help?  Sure would be grateful to resovle this situation!

Jim F.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

What is failing when you try and install Flash Player from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer ?  Are you getting an error message?  Or is the installer hanging?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,  thanks for your reply.  Duty (Mama) called,  but now I'm free to tackle this problem.No, I'm not getting any kind of error message.  The installer is hanging no matter what I do.

Right now I'm going to try the "get.adobe.com/flashplayer" below to see what kind of results this provides.

Thanks,Jim

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim.  Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris,I just sent a detailed reply but this method seemed to be wrong.The reply option provided specifically be Adobe was used as it seemed to be the CORRECT WAY TO COMMUNICATE.If possible please send a comment regarding the above.

Thanks, Jim (Flechner)

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, Jim Flechner here,

I've sent several replies and NOW I realize THIS FORMATE is the correct way to

send them! Son off.....

To answer your question;

The only error message I get is when attemtping to see any kind of vidoe on this iMac.

The msg. says "plug-in blocked". When clicked on another msg. says to install Flashplayer update.

There is NO error message during the install attempt.

When attempting the install some directions appear but I see no way to follow them;  they say certain actions should be done but it seems there is no way to do them.

Several other means have been explored with no results.   THE INSTALLER MUST BE HANGING.

I've wasted a lot of time which I do regret!  Hopefully progress can finally begin.

Thanks for your help and patients!

Jim (Flechner)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Finding out what specific directions and actions that are being asked will be important to know.

When attempting the install some directions appear but I see no way to follow them;  they say certain actions should be done but it seems there is no way to do them.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,Took a while to write the following:  1st page contains yellow/orange box w/ "Download now". Under which these instructions - Please note, depending on your settings,, you may have to temporarily disable your antivirus software.

2nd page contains a msg. and THE INSTRUCTIONS:  Msg. - "Your download will start immeadiately(?) and may take a few minutes to complete."   Now the "INSTRUCTIONS:    1. If a dialog box appears with the option to save, click Save File.  (NO BOX APPEARS)

2. After the installer file has been downloaded and saved, a window containing the Flash Player installer appears on your desktop.(NOTHING APPEARS ON THE DESKTOP;  DOWNLOADED BUT NOT SAVED)

3. Double-click the installer to start the installation process. (NOTHING TO DOUBLE-CLICK)

Same page (2): under instructions - "having trouble with download or installation? Click here"  Doing this yields a lot of info whichI have been unable to get useful results.

There they are; hope this is all clear.  Am I Stupid? wife says so

Thanks,Jim

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Chris, Jim here,I'm going to explain a "long shot" which might be at least a temporary fix because I am pressed to correct our inability to view videos, but have a lot to do concerning other matters.Looked at Adobe Reader PLUG INS (videos are saying "plug in blocked").  The following 3 plug insare not loaded and got my attention:   1) Acrobat Accessibility allows Screen Readers to interactwith Acrobat (not likely to help).            2) Internet Access - for Acrobat                                                                            3) Multimedia - allows user to...content...movies (videos?)Don't know if loading these; 3) in particular; would be useful or how involved loading plug ins would be, nor if a quick temporary fix really necessary.  Doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks,Jim flechner 

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a public forum; please do not post your email address and other private data (by sending the entire forum notification message with all its headers back to the forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines