• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top 15 Issues/Fixes Needed in the next Premiere Pro release/update (CS6.5 or CS7)

Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m excited for what’s coming next in Premiere Pro CS6.5 or CS7 (whichever update is next). As a former FCP7 user myself, Premiere CS6 was a quick and necessary switch (especially after changing the main keyboard shortcuts back to what I was used to). I’ve since gone back to FCP7 on occasion for certain things and I can tell you that I’m so glad I’ve switched. For all the headaches and serious errors that I still get daily/weekly with Premiere Pro CS6, it’s still definitely a big step up. I'm encouraged by staff members like Mitch W. that have expressed confidence that many of these issues will be resolved in the next release. Here is my personal list of “Top 15 issues/fixes” needed in the current Premiere Pro CS6…

(Adobe STAFF...feel free to print this out and hand it to the engineers responsible for making changes )

1) The infamous multicam FLAW. Needing no introduction…when you are editing your video in the multicam window and you hit pause or stop Premiere has decided that’s a great time to make a cut on your timeline and also switch angles back to the original angle whether you like it or not. You cannot stop ever while editing multicam without Premiere making these unwanted cuts and angle changes. Awful. Multicam in PPro is otherwise pretty nice, but this issue is terribly counter-productive especially when you are editing longer complex multicam sequences. Imagine if every time you hit pause or stop in the regular timeline it made a cut there and switched clips. Ugh. You get my point.

2) The audio meters/levels do not work while in the multicam window. A staff member in the forums (I think it was you) said this was a bug. Hope it will get fixed. The audio levels work in every other window and its essential to be able to keep an eye on the levels while editing multicam.

3) Ticktime.cpp-207 error. Ugh. What a nightmare. I have confidence that it will be fixed soon. Mitch W. from the forums is my new hero for taking on this error. How to replicate it?…simply have 6 (or 7) or more clips with the warp stabilizer effect added on the same timeline as a nested multicam clip and you get this error upon reopening your project. The more warp stabilizers you use, the more times you’ll have to hit “continue” to get through the error before you can open your project or export it to AME. I deal with this every single day because all my projects use these two elements. Most of my projects I have to hit “continue” on the error message upwards of 350-450 times to open my projects. Gets old fast.

4) Icon View order control. When you display all your clips in icon view instead of a list view (In the project window), there is no metadata to allow you to put the clips in order somehow (or at least maintain the order that you have in the list). There are roundabout workarounds, but c’mon.

5) Warp Stabilizer fixes…it is an AMAZING tool (far, far, far better than smoothcam in FCP7) BUT…it has it’s issues. Since I use hundreds of times/week (no exaggeration) I know it’s functions/flaws really well. The issues with Warp Stabilizer:
a) #3 above
b) Toggle OFF the effect after it’s applied and then hit Analyze again and PPro crashes. (easy to avoid but annoying bug)
c) If a clip is in the middle of stabilizing (not just analyzing…but the final step labeled “analyzing”) when Auto-save comes up…most of the time PPro freezes and crashes.
d) The DEFAULT “method” (in the settings for Warp Stabilizer) should NOT be “Subspace Warp”…it should be “Position, Scale, Rotation”. Why? It’s FAAAAARRRR better and more efficient. 95 out of 100 times it causes MUCH less “wobble” in the final stabilized clips AND most importantly 95 out of 100 times it scales the video less. Way better method.

6) The ability to open multiple projects simultaneously. As simple as FCP7 had it…or even better…as cool and efficient as FCPX does it would be nice.

7) The ability to mark a clip and not just a point on a timeline (because if you move the clip, the marker doesn’t go with it). I know you can use “Clip Marker” but it's very limiting, can't be moved, can't add notes, can't advance to the next marker (as far as I know). Also a marker list like FCPX has would be nice so you can see your markers all in a list at a glance and adjust them as needed.

8) Ability to select a clip in the Project window and find out where it’s used in the timeline. I LOVE how you can do the reverse and take a clip in the timeline and “Reveal in Project Window” but it would really help to go the other way around. Dealing with several hundred clips for every project I’ve missed this feature from time to time (FCPX handles this really well).

9) Add a through-edit indicator in timeline and “re-join clips” option. If you cut a clip but keep both clips together it’s just one continuous clip. But I really hope Premiere adds the not only an indicator of some sort (like FCP7s way of having two small red triangles facing each other on that cut) so you know it’s one continuous clip BUT ALSO the ability to right-click and “re-join” the two clips into one.

10) When clip is double-clicked in timeline, CTI position in source viewer should match location in timeline. This one is pretty annoying and a fix would be incredibly helpful. The way it is now is very counter-productive. Definitely hope this gets fixed ASAP.

11) Better border controls for images/videos. Can’t do much with images right now in PPro. At least allow to customize the color and size/strength of it’s borders and shadows.

12) Better support for Mac/Apple's top end computers/GPU's. I'm still surprised that 2011 top of the line iMac cards (AMD 6970M) that have 2gb of ram are not supported. I’m sure/I hope 2012 iMac’s will be supported with their new Nvidia GPU’s…but I’ll hold out hope that the top iMac (up until 3 months ago) is supported at least at it’s full power. All around better Mac support would be great considering the wave of new users coming over from FCP.

13) Opacity/Transparency issues with EXPORTED videos with Cross Dissolves, etc. For some odd reason videos exported from Premiere CS6 have issues with cross dissolves or minor transparency. I’ll try to explain…in the program window of PPro CS6 cross dissolves look fine. Also, if you take a clip and stack it on top of another clip and put the top clip at say 99% opacity instead of 100 it looks like it should in PPro. But, if you export the clips you’ll quickly see that there are issues. It’s almost like the exported videos dissolve from 5 to 95. They skip the subtle beginning (0-5%) and subtle end (95-100%) of any fade. A clip in PPro as described above that is on top of another but set at 99% will look more like 90-95% in the exported file ESPECIALLY if the two clips are contrasting (eg. top layer dark, bottom layer with bright elements). It’s like the opposit of ease-in/ease-out. I have to ease-in/ease-out of every dissolve to avoid this issue…and even then, it’s not THAT much of an “ease” as one would hope. Another user in a forum once posted a video that shows how abruptly exported videos end their transparency changes…see: THIS SAMPLE VIDEO  Perhaps this is a GPU/processing issue with AME vs. Premiere Pro but whatever it is, it should be fixed so videos you export look like the videos you edited!

14) Better control in Creative Cloud over which devices are “activated/deactivated”  We have 3 computers and it would be nice if one could log in to their Creative Cloud account and see a list of which devices they have and just toggle on/off which one’s are activated/deactivated. This is especially helpful when you are mobile and forget to deactivate one of your two home/office devices so you’re stuck now until you get back to the home/office to deactivate it. This is not a Premiere thing, but just a general wish.

15) Ability to sync multicam clips automatically using the audio. Plural eyes apparently does this well. Would be nice to have it built into Premiere like FCPX does. Select all the shots you want to sync, One button click, wait a few seconds, done.

That’s my top 15. Everything else is awesome in my opinion for what I do 10 hours a day 6-7 days a week. I’ve included bug reports/feature requests for all of these at one point but if you are someone else reading this go to the following link and ask for these issues to be fixed: FEATURE REQUEST/BUG REPORT

I wish Adobe did smaller updates more often. Because even if they were smaller updates, we’d at least know you are working on fixing some of these issues that have plagued this NLE for years. Holding off fixes for one or two big “updates” every year is tough to deal with in a world of the ever updating apps we live and play with daily on our phones. I realize Premiere is a much larger scale and far more professional than a phone app, but hopefully you get my point. Here’s to hoping the next release (NAB 2013?) resolves all my top 15 issues. Here’s to hoping that these issues will be resolved sooner than later so I can stop raising hell in various forums. I’m honestly ready to start praising and defending Premiere Pro instead of griping about it’s bugs and flaws. It’s a fantastic program “on the way” to being the best. I hope.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 167 Replies 167
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great list!

--Adobe Premiere Pro Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for #8 there are a few ways to locate where clips from the project panel are used in the timeline:

1) In thumbnail view you can click on the orange filmstrip/waveform in the bottom right corner of the icon.

2) In list view enable the audio/video usage columns then click the down arrow.

3) In either view enable the preview area and see the down arrows next to usage indication.

Any one of these will open a menu with all the timecodes the clip is used at, and clicking it will take you to that location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveHoeg wrote:

Great list!

--Adobe Premiere Pro Engineering

Also, for #8 there are a few ways to locate where clips from the project panel are used in the timeline:

1) In thumbnail view you can click on the orange filmstrip/waveform in the bottom right corner of the icon.

2) In list view enable the audio/video usage columns then click the down arrow.

3) In either view enable the preview area and see the down arrows next to usage indication.

Any one of these will open a menu with all the timecodes the clip is used at, and clicking it will take you to that location.

Thanks SteveHoeg!

I'm thankful for your feedback and just to know that someone from the Engineering team has seen it makes me calm.

And take #8 off my list! Sure it could maybe be a tad easier but it works. I always have the Video Usage column right next to the name of the clip as it's very important to me (because I hire other editors to work on my projects as well and need to see at a glance which clips are used and which are not when they hand over the project to me). I can't believe I never clicked that arrow. I got my other two editors to switch over to Premiere as well (former FCP7 users as well) so I'll be sure to pass that along to them.

I do have a tiny substitute for #8 then... ...it's such a minor thing, but hey, why not...

#8 (substitute): Presets should NOT be able to be re-named by just clicking on them. I've created presets which I use quite a bit. As in hundreds of times per project (don't ask) and it happens a lot that I'll click on the Preset, add it to the project and somehow in the speed of things I'll have clicked on it again or something because occasionally when I come back later I've deleted it's name. Hitting space bar to play the video after the name is accidentally highlighted and the replaced name will be blank. Takes only a few seconds to rename it but I wish that you had to right-click to "rename" it to prevent accidental renaming. I feel a little crazy wrtiing this but because my other editors use the same presets I know I'm not the only one this happens to as they've expressed the same issue. Not a big deal at all but it would be nice.

Again, thanks for your time and attention to this list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sort of had anticipation of "popping a bubble," when I saw the title, but that did not happen.

I agree with most of what you took the time to write, and the rest was just not part of my normal workflow, so I have no comment. The bulk - great, and thank you for taking the time.

Looks like some from "The Mother Ship," have seen the list.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very insightful thread so thanks for posting your thoughts, OP.  To add to your list, I'd like to see full GPU support as it seems the current implementation is more limited than other NLEs like Sony Vegas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

I knew that there are some that simply do not have the same workflow but I figured I'd at least put this out there. Just another transfer from FCP, happy I made the jump, but looking to tighten a few spots up that need it and improve upon things that are already awesome.

By the way, on a total side note...I just saw you have 53,271 posts???!!!  That is absolutely amazing. If my math is correct that's almost 15 posts a day every day for 10 years. Holy crap. Kudos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We love Bill and we would hold an intervention for his addiction if he wasn't so handy at answering tough questions. We realize that laying golden eggs is bad for the goose, but who can afford to cure him of such a minor flaw.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice list, however it does seem a little bit like you may be hoping that Adobe provides the Final Cut 8 package that Apple never delivered on. Having edited primarily with P-Pro for the last decade, I hope Adobe focuses more on getting the next release to run as smooth as CS5x does, strangling and crucifying all the codec and playback bugs that arose in CS6. To me, it appeared that too many of the changes in CS6 were semantic or cosmetic, meant to give a FCP user more familiarity. Why change the name of an edit function from "overlay" to "overwrite" after 15 years? Because it enhances the product, or because that is what Apple called the function in FCP? If Adobe renames the Program Monitor to the "Canvas" with the next release, I think that I might be sick. There were nice additions to the Creative Suite as a whole, but I hope the next Premiere release reverses some missteps made in CS6, and focuses more on stability and enhanced functionality. I also really hope that they have an open ear towards criticism; Apple did not and their users ended up with FCP-X

It saddens me that the fixes I want most in a future release were purposeful changes between CS5x and CS6x.

1) Provide the options for transport controls in the source and program monitors. All of the users at my office hate that the jog and shuttle were removed in CS6. JKL was an option prior to CS6 and if we liked it we would have used it. I keep reading the justification that this change was meant to save space and streamline the UI. I can't express cordially how much this bothers me to look at the empty wasted space in my CS6 UI where the transport controls should be. The experiment has gone on long enough.

2) Restore the 3 Way Color Corrector to its previous functionality. The 3 way color corrector has been effectively neutered in CS6. Where in CS5x and earlier releases one could separately target the input/output levels of Highlights, Midtones, and Shadows, CS6 has only a master input/output level control. Why is less control better? Is it a 3-Way Color Corrector or a 1-Way Color Corrector?

3) Restore Clip and Timeline markers to their previous functionality. I don't even.... I can't. A user shouldn't have to do work arounds to create a modicum of functionality. This again was an attribute that wasn't broken in earlier releases.

4) Simplify the the task of pasting media into a targeted track. As it is now, pasted items will always go to the lowest activated track instead of the targeted track.

Lastly I would like the Adobe Premiere teams to consider what an amazing accomplishment Premiere CS5x was. Upon CS5's release, a good portion of competitor's workflows became obsolete. CS5.5 refined, stabilized, and expanded functionality.

CS6 changed the UI around, moving or deleting buttons, changed keyboard shortcuts, and renamed functions. Oh, and added hoverscrub, you know...like FCPX. In exchanged there was loss of functionality, stability issues and broken codecs.

I really hope the next release is more like CS5x and less like FCPX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen_Spider wrote:

I hope Adobe focuses more on getting the next release to run as smooth as CS5x does, strangling and crucifying all the codec and playback bugs that arose in CS6.

I'll second that, and specifically call out the cache buffering issue between cs6 and nvidia cards, which I've posted on elsewhere, that has yet to be formally acknowledged by Adobe.  Once this fundamental flaw gets ironed out, PPro will be the most user-friendly platform I've edited on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen_Spider wrote:

Nice list, however it does seem a little bit like you may be hoping that Adobe provides the Final Cut 8 package that Apple never delivered on. Having edited primarily with P-Pro for the last decade, I hope Adobe focuses more on getting the next release to run as smooth as CS5x does, strangling and crucifying all the codec and playback bugs that arose in CS6.

Stephen,

I actually agree with the things on your list. In fact, your #1 should have been on my list. Not having any way to jog or shuttle is something that's bothered me too. So here...

16) Add the ability to "jog" and "shuttle" clips in the source and program monitors.

Regarding wanting to make it the FCP8 that never was, although that's not my true intention, why not? Years and years ago I taught myself how to edit using Premiere but then switched to FCP in 2007 when offered a job at MLB and they used FCP. There are things that I always wished FCP would adopt that I loved so much more in Premiere, but eventually you get over that. Coming back now to Premiere, it's advanced so much and I remember the little things that I loved so much. But I would say that I genuinely are hoping for more of a CS7 than a FCPX...for sure. I did give FCPX a good 60 days and there are REALLY GREAT things that Adobe could learn from, but in the end, I wanted to pull my eyes out of my head so I came happily over to Premiere CS6. Truthfully FCP7 and Premiere Pro CS6 are very close to each other. My goal is to fix what's broken here in CS6 and to improve upon what other NLE's already do much better. How Adobe decides to do it is up to them. And why not improve upon FCP7? It was a very successful program that's very similar to CS6 and making a few of Apple's ideas better is what Google has been doing for years with their phones and they're a huge success. I actually agree with all 4 of your points because they are legitimate improvements and that is what I was going for as well. So thank you for adding to this list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMH79 wrote:

16) Add the ability to "jog" and "shuttle" clips in the source and program monitors.

My goal is to fix what's broken here in CS6 and to improve upon what other NLE's already do much better.

Regarding what needs to be fixed and other NLEs do much better:

• Do Avid Media Composer, FCPX, Edius, Smoke, Vegas, Media 100, Lightworks, or even Windows Movie Maker or iMovie have jog-shuttle controls? Answer: No. No modern NLE has them.
  • Do users complain about jog/shuttle missing in those products?: Never seen a complaint. Some users looking for that feature are looking for hardware alternatives, but are not really complaining.
  • Considering these things, it could be suggested that removing jog-shuttle controls are what modern NLEs are doing right and we followed suit.

This does not discount the fact that you and some of your colleagues are missing having the feature, or might not be able to manipulate playback as you'd like to with JKL.

Sorry to disappoint you, but ss I've mentioned in the past, I doubt that the controls are coming back. However, feel free to request it: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

One of the bigger problems I see is not listed: support for AVCHD spanned clips. That is definitely a top issue since it worked fine in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Monahan wrote:

One of the bigger problems I see is not listed: support for AVCHD spanned clips. That is definitely a top issue since it worked fine in previous versions.

This is something I'll need to see fixed in CS6 before I pay any money for future versions, for what little it may be worth.  I paid a chunk of money for CS6 and I simple can not use it; I basically wasted my money.  My hope was that you guys would have figured it out reasonably quickly, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

I can't realistically justify handing you any more cash until it's fixed.  It does look like the next version has some great and useful features, but...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason Van Patten wrote:

Kevin Monahan wrote:

This is something I'll need to see fixed in CS6 before I pay any money for future versions, for what little it may be worth.  I paid a chunk of money for CS6 and I simple can not use it; I basically wasted my money.  My hope was that you guys would have figured it out reasonably quickly, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

I can't realistically justify handing you any more cash until it's fixed.  It does look like the next version has some great and useful features, but...

Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen_Spider wrote:

CS6 changed the UI around, moving or deleting buttons, changed keyboard shortcuts, and renamed functions. Oh, and added hoverscrub, you know...like FCPX. In exchanged there was loss of functionality, stability issues and broken codecs.

Sometimes, in the name of progress, things like this happen. Established users get annoyed at changes like you mentioned, and that's no small thing. For that, we apologize.

I wouldn't say that Premiere Pro has much in common with FCPX, except the scrubbing, but even that's different. I would say, that I as a former FCP guy, LOVE the UI refresh. I was put off with so much clutter, taking away from the user experience. For me, anyway. I know some stuff got broken, but we do know about the issues, and are working hard to fix them.

It's kind of interesting that all the things that annoy you are welcomed by folks like me. I came to Premiere Pro in CS5 and didn't like what I saw at first glance. Since CS6:

• The UI is way cleaner. This is the one thing that turned me off prior to CS6.
  • I don't use buttons much, like most editors, I'm keyboard driven. I don't mind them being removed as long as a shortcut exists. The bonus is a cleaner UI.
  • Keyboard shortcuts are more standard in CS6, meaning they've migrated to shortcuts Avid and FCP might have had in common. Editors new to Premiere Pro like this. Established Premiere Pro editors probably do not.
  • Regarding renaming items to industry standards, it's a welcome change for most. For exemple, most editors moving to Premiere Pro are used to the term Overwrite and are confused by the term Overlay. Overwrite is used in all other NLEs except Premiere Pro prior to CS5.5, not just FCP.
  • Regarding Jog Shuttle, it was not only to save space. Feedback we got from users from the product improvement program showed us that people did not really use the controls much. See my response above or this blog post: http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2012/07/24/alternatives-to-the-jog-shuttle-controls-in-premiere-...
  • Regarding markers, they do need to improve, but the way they were implemented (numbered markers, etc.), is probably not going to return. For sure, make feature requests about how they should be improved. "Put it back the way it was," is not as helpful. Link: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't disagree more with 1 and 2, and I completely agree with 3 and 4.

My very first thought when I tried out CS5.5 was: Why would a modern NLE waste so much screen real estate with those transport controls that no one has touched since 1999? I always believed they were only included in the first place to look cool to editors who were coming from linear systems (myself among them). I stand corrected that no one used them, but for me, J-K-L does the trick.

In my very first post in this forum, I mentioned the above. I also said everything you said in #2 except precisely the opposite. I suggested they simplify the primary functions of the 3-way color correction effect, putting the main adjustments up top and keeping the rarely used adjustments out of the way. To your chagrin, Adobe took “my advice.” I could never determine what the individual highlights/mid-tone/shadows drop-downs were even connected to. I have no doubt that they were useful, now that someone has mentioned missing them, but it seemed incredibly convoluted to me.

I don't actualy know how the clip and timeline markers used to work. I just know that clip markers are not very functional now.

I completely agree with #4. The fact that they haven't changed this is even more glaring now that they have simplified track targeting for everything else. The lowest selected track was always very arbitrary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMH79 wrote:

I’m excited for what’s coming next in Premiere Pro CS6.5 or CS7 (whichever update is next)....

Really appreciate this post, thanks so much! I added it to my top issues notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Monahan wrote:

DMH79 wrote:

I’m excited for what’s coming next in Premiere Pro CS6.5 or CS7 (whichever update is next)....

Really appreciate this post, thanks so much! I added it to my top issues notes.

Kevin, MUCH appreciated!

(and thanks for the heads up on the Product Improvement Program).

As for Spanned AVCHD clips that you mentioned above, no doubt that is a large issue that affects many NLE's. I don't personally run into it even though I edit only footage from AVCHD cams, but it's no doubt one that is very important to many users so hopefully a fix is in the works. Again, I appreciate your adding my list to your "top issue notes". You've always been a very empathetic helper given your history with FCP so thank you for this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next version just revealed should hopefully cross quite a few items off your list:

• New audio clip mixer
  • Icon view sort options
  • Audio meters update during multicam
  • No more cut on multicam stop
  • Browse multiple Premiere Pro projects in the media browser
  • Option to control linear colour for GPU cross dissolves and opacity
  • Expanded GPU support
  • Through edit indicators
  • Sync by audio waveform
  • Simplified track targeting

Plus lots more: 

http://adobe.ly/14lWrrL

http://adobe.ly/16qm3jV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should we be thinking in terms of CS6.5 or in terms of CS7? Was there anything in there that deserved a new number to the left of the decimal point?

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've only announced a preview of the next version, but it is a big release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, but have you corrected the outstanding significant faults in CS6, e.g. the project bloating Warp Stabilizer, the AVCHD problem, the multi-cam difficulties, to list just a sample?  And how many of the new features will themselves introduce new problems?

Sorry to be negative about this, but you will walk away from CS6 leaving those who purchased it, like myself , with a slew of unsolved problems.  Just as you do with every new release.

You would do well to separate your major new releases by a greater time, and get the outstanding problems with the existing release patched, and hopefully the new release better beta tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan Craven wrote:

Great, but have you corrected the outstanding significant faults in CS6, e.g. the project bloating Warp Stabilizer, the AVCHD problem, the multi-cam difficulties, to list just a sample?  ...

My guess (hope) is that right now they're not fully disclosing all the bug fixes because it's less sexy to talk about than what's new and improved. For example, when the newer Toyota Camry's came out they weren't exactly advertising it by saying "Come buy the new Camry...the gas peddle no longer sticks to the floor causing the car to fly at top speed uncontrolably without stopping"

That's my hope anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange how they will not mention which version they are calling it.  I wonder when it will be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveHoeg wrote:

We've only announced a preview of the next version, but it is a big release.

Steve,

What can you comment on AVCHD spanned clips? You have 8 pages of angry people in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1004369 who feel like, once again, Adobe has abandoned them. We paid hundreds of dollars for software--in my case chosing to buy CS6 flat out instead of Creative Cloud, and have wasted this money because our software is unusable. I only edit long shows--I cannot use CS6, where as CS5 worked flawlessly. And now it's becoming pretty clear that Adobe has no plans to make this right for all these people.

Adobe still offers the option to buy versions of CS--it isn't required to buy Creative Cloud. So is it too much to ask that advertised features will actually work, and we won't find ourselves stuck with broken software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines