• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks and text appearance

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2007 Jan 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating hyperlinks & the text you have clicked on in the generated screen appears at the very top of the screen. Is there any possible way to change settings to show what your hyperlink text to appear further down the page instead of at the very top? It just seems like your eye naturally goes to the middle of the page not the top.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 12, 2007 Jan 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mrs.Kirk

Care to try explaining that a bit differently? You are losing me. Are you referring to where bookmarks appear after you click? Normally they are positioned at the top of the browser. The only way they ever appear in the middle of a page is if the browser doesn't have sufficient space at the bottom of the page so as to allow proper positioning.

Normally the request is opposite. The page doesn't scroll to the top and the author wants it to. And to do that, you put the cursor at the end of the topic and press Enter repeatedly to add "white space" to the end of the topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2007 Jan 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am certainly not very good with my technical writing.

So, are you saying that if i click on a bookmark or the hyperlink that It will appear at the very top of the page? There is no way to change it so It will appear in the middle of the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 15, 2007 Jan 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there (Forum handle is different so not sure if you are the same person)

The page is always positioned at the bookmarks. Assuming your page has sufficient space so as to allow the positioning to occur, the bookmarks are always presented along the top edge of the browser window.

Again, assuming your page is long enough so as to allow this, you could place the bookmark much higher on the page nowhere near the content you want in the middle. This would certainly force the page to display closer to what you intended. But then if your user resized the browser, this could easilty throw things off.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2007 Jan 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes It's still me *LOL*. Not sure what my name changed.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp