Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong D E 2.0 options selected

Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Down loaded DE 2.0( onto comp using Win 7)  but I think I selected wrong options, now I can only down load ebooks onto comp and not transfer them to ereader. Can I alter the options settings to down load ebooks from comp to ereader or not. I have tried uninstall and reload DE 2.0 didn't work same result as options isn't offered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Grwortho what error message do you receive when you try to transfer the book to your eReader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright sorry I wrote the query late at night, but the ebook down loads to ereader but won't open, comes up with message" No valid license for the book".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which eReader device are you using?  Is it listed at http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Hanvon wisereader N520. I think sjpt might be onto something, how do I deregister ADE, don't remember registering an Adobe ID installing. I've tried deleting/uninstal ADE and DE 2.0 then reinstalling no different result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To deregister the ADE computer, ctrl-shift-D, cmd-shift-D on Mac

To deregister a device connected to the computer while running ADE, ctrl-shift-E, cmd-shift-E on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried deregistering the way suggested nil result/ dumped and then dowloaded again, does't prompt same responses ie do you wish to authorise this computor etc (words to that effect).When D E is open, in the help drop down box "authorise computor CTRL+SHIFT+U" and the one below is greyed out.  I am about to dump adobe and the ebooks dowloaded for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grwortho are now being asked to authorize Adobe Digital Editions every time you open the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it go straight into pgm and last ebook read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry then where are you being prompted to authorize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like i said i downloaded DE2.0, during that process i believe i selected the wrong option ie: do you want to authorise this computer only(words to that effect) etc. I can't remember other option but i must have selected the option i just mentioned, cause i can only download ebooks and read them on my laptop (i can transfer ebook to ereader but it won't open comes up with message 'no valid license for book'). I have deleted DE 2.0 from laptop then downloaded  it again but it does'nt go through same process(not asking about type of authorisation) and then i have same problem with books transferred to ereader.  When in DE in the help drop down box the authorise computor selection and one below are greyed out so can't check authorisation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read and followed the advice given above and deregistered ADE using  ctrl-shift-D, cmd-shift-D on Mac?

Uninstalling/reinstalling ADE does not always remove registration information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have used ctrl shift D as stated earlier. no effect, unless i am doing it at wrong time( opened DE2 connected to adobe web site etc).

I am at point where I will download books I can open with calibre, thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another possible solution; dump ADE2.0 and install the older 1.7.2.

There are lots of issues with 2.0 that were fine on 1.7.2.

I've never seen issues like yours resolved this way, but almost certainly worth a try.

As there is some interaction between the way the two store their data, 1.7.2 may inherit some registration etc from 2.0.

So probably worth trying the ctrl-shift-D on 1.7.2 to help clean up historic rubbish.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you register ADE with an AdobeID?

If not, you need to do so.  You may need to de-register the current state (ctrl-shift-D, cmd-shift-D on Mac) and restart ADE before you get the chance to register the AdobeID.

You can only transfer books to an eReader if they are authorised with an AdobeID (or if they are not DRM books at all, in which case I suggest using Cabibre rather than ADE).

You register the AdobeID with ADE, this automatically registers the books with that ID when you download.

When yu plug in a eReader you get the chance to register the eReader with the same ID, and then you can push the books to the eReader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines