• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfmail

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec22c24-7f8e.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have automated emails that are sent out at regular intervals using the cfmail tag, but sometimes they aren't delivered to the recipient. I think it happens when something happens to the server preventing emails from being sent out, the mail server is an Exchange server. I can't find the undelivered emails in the mail logs - the sent and error logs - and it doesn't look like they were sent at all. Will the failto attribute in the cfmail tag and/or the cfmailparam name="Disposition-Notification-To" attribute send me an email when emails are not sent or is there any other way of finding out automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the server in the ColdFusion folder there should be a folder called /mail/undelivr (or something similar) that contains all the emails that (for whatever reason) didn't go out.  I think you can just move them into the spool folder and they'll retry.

As far as logs, there should be a log in CFAdmin called "mailsent.log" that (I think) also contains error messages.

Hope this helps.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the cfmail tag current capacity under CF 9.0.1? How can I determine this for our system? We need to sent out about 1000 e-mails per minute in the peak times. Will cfmail be able to handle this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation