• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

gethttprequestdata() not returning all header info. with CF10, should it?

Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Single SignOn agent (SiteMinder) places a custom variable, HTTP_EMPLOYEEID in the header.  Using ASP, I can dump the header info and see that variable/value. But, with a similar CF script, some info, including HTTP_EMPLOYEEID is not there.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try:

GetPageContext().getRequest().getHeader("HTTP_EMPLOYEEID")

If that doesn't work you may also want to check:

CGI.HTTP_EMPLOYEEID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it didn't work.  I'm working with my IT people, who installed and configured SiteMinder(user authentication agent) so I haven't dug into that, but they insist the problem lies with CF10.  Using the following ASP script I can read the custom header variable EMPLOYEEID:   <%= Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_EMPLOYEEID") %>  But, with my CF script there doesn't appear to be a header variable by that name.      I tried:

GetHttpRequestData().headers.employeeid, then 

GetPageContext().getRequest().getHeader("HTTP_EMPLOYEEID"),

and

CGI.HTTP_EMPLOYEEID

Is there any reason why CF10 would not read the entire header content?  When I cfdump the header I see other variables, but not EMPLOYEEID. Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be the order that the ISAPI filters are being applied. See: http://www.techbiswas.com/2012/12/coldfusion-siteminder-and-iis.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation