• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting SWF with minutes shown as elapsed time

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting SWF files from Captivate and I noticed the time is shown in terms of the slides, i.e. "5/30" "10/30". I'd like this to be shown in terms of seconds and minutes. How do I get it to export in this fashion?

Thanks in advance!!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum,

That is a difficult question because which time do you want? Is it the duration of the slides, or the time spent by the user? Have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/display-time-information

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks!

I'm actually referring to the SWF player which is exported within the SWF file. On that skin, time to watch the video/time elapsed while watching the video is shown in terms of slides. That's the area where I want minutes/seconds to show up. Is this possible?

SWF player.jpg

Thanks again!

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  You would need to have a customised skin created to achieve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. Is this something I can get through Adobe, or do I need to pursue other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Adobe does not provide such a service.  You'd need to engage the services of an ActionScript 3 developer.

Are you perhaps unaware that the movie duration and current time elapsed in the movie are shown at the bottom of the TOC panel?  If you make the TOC permanently visible by setting it to Separate mode, then your learners will always be able to see the time.  This places the elapsed time right beside the playbar at the bottom.  Is there any reason why this solution does not fulfill your needs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also cheat: put the playbar in overlay, without stretching it and put a text container next to it with the time as I described in the blog post I was referring to. Will not be as nice as an embedded one, but you'll see the time if the TOC is not doing what you want.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources