• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attachments not working in Presentation

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  -- Has anyone else had issued with attachements in a published Presenter file not working?  I have had so many issues since upgrading to the latest version of Presenter and so have all of the folks on my team.  One of them made a 6 part series, that each contain 4-5 attachments.  She attached them all in Presenter and they appear in Adobe Connect when you click the paperclip, you can see each of the attachments listed and the size, but when you click them 2 out of the 4 just will not download.  Anyone have ideas why this is happening?  It happens all through her series.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Hi

This is currently an issue in presenter

Please limit the name of the attachment to less than 20 characters.

The name of the attachment does not matter but the name given in the attachment settings dialog does.

Thanks

Mahesh Nayak

Adobe Presenter Engineering team

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the link, it should open a new tab/window in your browser that will provide the link for download. Is the issue that this page doesn't open, or that the link on that page doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma -- Yes, of the 4 attachments -- 2 of them do exactly that.  The other 2, you click and no new window pops even though we attached exactly the same, their file size is not overly large.  It is very random.  I am going to try and have her republish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately I've had the same issue multiple times and can't pinpoint a reason. All of my attachments are attached via a link and are PDF documents. Sometimes, some of them open and others don't. I wish I could offer you an explanation but all of mine are created exactly alike and being launched from the same location. When you click the link, nothing happens.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a pop-up blocker is causing the issue. Not sure what is causing certain attachments to work, and others to not. Have you tried viewing the presetaion in a different browswer and seeing if that works? Do you get any notifications that the browser has blocked a new window from opening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion about trying in another browser. I don't think it is a pop-up blocker issue as all documents are PDF's and housed in the same place. I never get any pop-up blocker warnings. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried another browser and tried reattaching and publishing - still no go.  I am so very frustrated.  I have 250 people wanting and waiting to take this I was supposed to launch tomororw but now a no go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know the format of your documents, but we found that Word docs wouldn't launch correctly but most PDF's would. May be worth a try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any special characters in the name of any of the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not in mine. I'm not pursuing using this anymore for the ones that didn't work, just provided links within the course. I appreciate your responses, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma -- interesting, in the first session, the 2 that don't have _  in them... Article at a Glance and the Summary page.  I will try to change that and republish

adobepdfs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So unfortunately, that did not work.  Now 3 of them open, but the Communication Success Screening does not work.  I have no idea... I am just going to set-up another room with all of the handouts for this series.  Thank you so much for all of your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is currently an issue in presenter

Please limit the name of the attachment to less than 20 characters.

The name of the attachment does not matter but the name given in the attachment settings dialog does.

Thanks

Mahesh Nayak

Adobe Presenter Engineering team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and when trying to correct it I cannot replace or rename the previous attachments.  I have tried loading a link instead, corrected attachment, using different names, nothing works.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

To change the name of the attachment

Please go to the settings pane >> Select attachments >> Select the attachment >> and press edit

Please try to maintain the number of characters to less than 20 characters.

We will be fixing this bug in the next release

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mahesh - you may know this already, but wanted to come back and add something.  At first, I thought this was just new things that I created in Presenter that were having this issue... but older courses that I created with Presenter that once worked, now have the same issue.  So, it seems an issue on how Connect reads the Presenter file more than just Presenter itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

can you please confirm whether the older courses were published using older or the current version of presenter?

Can you please specify the version of presenter?

Also are you using google chrome or the issue is reproducible in any other browser Like IE9?

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, my colleagues are currently experiencing the same problem. Workaround with name limitation to 20 symbols works, but when working with a bunch of documents it is inconvenient.

Has there been any updates on resolving this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources