Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on Captivate RH integration

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2007 Jan 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I am a Captivate user and have a question about RoboHelp 6 integrating Captivate. Can anyone throw some light on whether the complete Captivate application is available via Robo Help or is just the recording features (simulation)? It will support everyrthing like quizzes and all that?

Thanks!
Jyothi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2007 Jan 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jyothi

I'm going to say it all depends on what you are trying to do. If all you are talking about is bringing Captivate movies you have created into RoboHelp, this part does indeed seem to work. As long as you have no issues using Captivate otherwise, nothing should surface.

On the other hand, if you are referring to the touted ability to launch Captivate from inside RoboHelp in order to create a recording, my experience has been that it doesn't work as well as I'd have hoped. Captivate does indeed launch and I am able to record and do things in Captivate, but the silly Publish button is disabled (many refer to it as "grayed out") so it does me absolutely no good if I cannot publish into Flash so as to bring back into RoboHelp.

Sadly, the ability to Right-click and edit the .SWF using Captivate simply doesn't seem to work.

Lastly, while the Captivate output does seem to allow itself to be added to a topic properly, if you are using a skin, for some reason the size changes to something much smaller than what you intended after inserting. So I'd suggest not using the Borders feature if you are planning this. This will result in a single .SWF output. Either that, or tweak the content as needed after adding it.

Aside from that, things seem fine. Just keep the applications separated and use them individually. Then mix the output as desired.

Hopefully this was what you were looking for... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2007 Jan 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the reply. Hmmm. so what is the 'borders' feature you mentioned? Is that part of Captivate or RoboHelp? Also, from what you say, I guess all the feautures of Captivate don't seem available from within RoboHelp then. Any idea if the quizzes are? I am asking these questions because my company used Captivate for creating one online training. We have a single user license only. They want to know if in the future they should use RoboHelp instead of which they have multiple licenses? Any advice on "do it" or "don't do it" on this matter will be highly appreciated!

Thanks! Jyothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jyothi

The borders are turned off via Captivate 2. You click Project > Skin... followed by the Borders tab. Then DE-Select the "Show Borders" check box.

Voilà! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Sorry about that. Seems I failed to address the other bits where I can.

As long as you use Captivate independently of RoboHelp (meaning you don't use RoboHelp to start Captivate and instead, you start it on its own) you should have full Captivate functionality available to you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp