Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doc Output - field codes and gray highlights

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2007 Jan 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings~

I'm using my RoboHelp X5 HTML Help builds to batch generate printed documentation in addition to HTML Help. I 've worked with Robo versions 97 -2002, but have created only a few projects in X5 .

The generated docs display field codes in the topic titles, even though I have field codes turned off in Word. I can manually delete the field codes (small projects), but there's got to be a better way!

Also, when I click in a paragraph in the generated doc, the entire text area is highlighted in gray. The gray highlights do not print and do not display when I create a PDF (TG!), but they are distracting. How do I turn this off?

I feel that there are features and settings in X5 that elude me, and my doc issues can be resolved by correctly using the features.
I do appreciate any help that's out there. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2007 Jan 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is entirely down to your Word settings. There is nothing in X5 that would cause this.

You say this happens when you batch generate. What happens when you generate just one layout?

Is this problem regular or have you just encountered it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp