• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PayPal changed their recurring setup in May 2012 - will Adobe update integration?

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been trying to set up recurring invoices on my site for over a week with no success. In working with Adobe support - they have really gotten no where this past week just saying - it looks like it is set up correctly - but I still get failed payment on recurring orders saying "no credit card on file".

So when talking to PayPal - just to make doubly sure I was set up correctly on that end, they informed me that in May of 2012 - they changed how they handle recurring billing. The regular PayPal recuring billing stopped taking on new customers - only those set up Prior would be allowed to continue as they support it in "Legacy" only. This is the Gateway where it asks for credentials like the Api and API Signture from paypal account as referenced in the KB Article. http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/833/cpsid_83333.html

New clients, were set up instead on PayFlo system - that they bought from Verisign in 2005. ( This is the alternate Paypal Gateway offered through BC). This gateway uses the same credentials used to log in to manager.paypal.com - which is Username, Password and Partner. No API or signature etc.

However - when I try to use that one - BC gives me an error message when trying to do anything with recurring billing saying that this gateway doesnt support it.

So - is it safe to say that BC needs to update their API integration on these two? And that until it is fixed - Paypal is no longer an option for recurring billing through BC? - Or can someone elnighten me on how to get this to work?

Has anyone set up a new paypal account since May 2012 il now that works with recurring billing in BC? or done so for a client?

I dont want to have to change everythign over to Authorize.net - but it looks like I may have to.

TOPICS
3rd party integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm checking with our product team about this and will get back to you with an update. 

Thanks for the heads up!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on verifying this? I have got nothing from regular support either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this on the BCG forums from David with an update from Adobe.  Here's what they said:

Thanks for your patience and apologize for this situation David

Our engineering team, checked the API for recurring payments processed trough PayPal Website Pro , and you are right. Our API script
is not able anymore to process recurring payment trough PayPal Pro , for new accounts.
I have opened a bug for this : 3534823 , and we will try to push the fix for next release , but i cannot guarantee this
We will inform you when this will be fixed and the recurring feature can be used for new PayPal Pro accounts

That's good to know, considering I just setup PaypalPro for this very recurring option.  I swear, the spiderwebs in the BC api are getting thick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating this post for me Devon - I meant to but it's been a busy day. I definately want others to know this though so they dont have to take the month or so it took me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the status on this? I'm looking to switch from Authorize.net and TSYS Merchant Solutions to the combined services of PayPal Website Payments Pro, but recurring payment processing is a must.

Does it work or not? Also, if you look at the article below about setting up the Payments Pro gateway, it show some old paypal screenshots and gives instructions for something called Cardinal Centinal related to taking recurring payments.

http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/setting-paypal-website-payments-pro.html

Is this information all still correct?

Is there an additional service needed to accept recurring payments through paypal?

What is 3D Secure (Cardinal Centinel), and is it still required for recurring payments?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this ever going to work again? Can you provide a ETA if it is? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam! I must say that I am glad you patrol these forums. You are a huge asset to the community. This documentation should be corrected. notice the note in yellow at the bottom - User manual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will double check with the guys, but I will be really angry with them and tell them so if they not fixed the API change  in 3 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam. I hope it was fixed. I have a site that was planning on using it. Not only for recurring, but for other features that PayPal has as well, separate from bc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not so I told them that it is really bad.

Researching this I found most systems which had this offering updated their API in a week and I can not find anyone that just dropped support or still have not updated it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bummer. Do you think they will get it fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines