Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element 3D is crashing After Effects?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

I recently purchased Video Co-Pilot's plugin for Adobe After Effects, Element 3D, but much to my amiss, it does not work. The first time I tried to open the scene setup, it said, "Element 3D has encountered an unrecoverable error."

I closed After Effects, and opened it back in hopes of trying again. But this time, when I apply Element 3D to a solid, it tells me "After Effects has stopped working" and I am forced to close the program.

Nothing has changed yet, every time I try to add Element 3D to a solid it crashes After Effects. I updated my graphics driver, re-installed Element 3D, everything I can think of, but to no avail.

If anyone could offer some speculance as to what's happening, that would be amazing.

My system specs:

Acer Aspire 5349

2 GB RAM

250 GB HDD

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

DirectX 11

Intel HD Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

You've told us little about your graphics card (GPU) other than it's brand.  This is almost certainly the problem.  Element 3D requires quite high-specced graphics cards as all the processing is done by the GPU.

More information can be obtained from the Video Copilot support pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've told us little about your graphics card (GPU) other than it's brand.  This is almost certainly the problem.  Element 3D requires quite high-specced graphics cards as all the processing is done by the GPU.

More information can be obtained from the Video Copilot support pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sir . I have also the same problem . When i start adobe acter effect and click on element . Then they show that "Element failed to initialize OpenGl" and after that when i click on scene setup they show a debud error " Element has encounted an unrecoverable error" .Please reply the answer .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello sir . I have also the same problem . When i start adobe acter effect and click on element . Then they show that "Element failed to initialize OpenGl" and after that when i click on scene setup they show a debud error " Element has encounted an unrecoverable error" .Please reply the answer .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> 2 GB RAM

That is far below the minimum system requirements for After Effects.

Also, as Andrew says, the GPU requirements of Element 3D are quite stringent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the others said, your system has barely enough juice to run AE itself, much less run a plug-in that is entirely dependent on OpenGL GPU features. This will never work if all you have is a measly intel onboard chipset...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for responding!

After Effects actually runs very well on my PC, considering I do have the minimum requirements. I am able to run Optical Flares, as well as Trapcode Particular perfectly.

I'm fairly young, so I apologize, but how can I update my graphics card to meet Element 3D's requirements?

Thank you all for you help.

Graphics Specs.JPGMy Graphics specs. Not sure if this will help, but I thought I'd post anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines