• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 and having trouble opening ebooks on ereader

Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 from 1.7 which I use to borrow ebooks from the library.   I transfer the ebooks from my computer to my Kobo ereader.  Everthing was working just fine with version 1.7.  Since upgrading to version 2.0 I can no longer open ebooks that I have transfered to my Kobo ereader.

I checked and Adobe Digital Edition verion 2.0 and it indicates that both my computer and Kobo reader are authorized.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADE sometimes gets registrations confused and half registered.

Probably worth deregistering and re-registering.

To de-register the computer, ctrl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D on Mac), restart ADE, and then reregister.

That may well be enough, but if needed:

to de-register the device, ctrl-shift-E to ADE (cmd-shift-E on Mac) with the device plugged in, restart ADE, and then reregister.

~~~

There are also bugs in ADE2.0 that mean using it with some eReaders goes OK with most books, but not with Overdrive library books.

My Sony PRS-350 is an example.  The only solution I found was to revert to ADE 1.7.2.

(Quite a few other bugs in ADE2.0 as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines