• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot open a book I purchased and opened earlier. It said it is tied to another account

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open a book I purchased and opened earlier. It said it is tied to another account.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you open it with Reader? Are you trying to open it with Reader now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can only open it with adobe digital reader and I'm trying to open it now but it says "Error getting liscence. Liscence Server Communication Problem. E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am under the impression that your problem is with Adobe Digital Editions, not with Adobe Reader. If I am right, you should post in the Digital Editions forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_digital_editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you download a DRM Ebook for use on one account you cannot read it on a device registered with a different account.

You can have up to 6 devices registered to an account; if you are within that limit you can deregister a device and reregister to the account associated with the book.

However, you will then NOT be able to read the DRM ebooks on the device associated with its original id.

Once you get two accounts somehow, you have to balance up the least inconvient way to you of using the two accounts.

~~~

Another possibility is that ADE has got its registration screwed up; and says it is registered with your id but is only parly registered.

In that case, remove the registration (ctrl-shift-D to ADE for a computer, ctrl-shift-E to ADE with the device plugged in for a device, or cmd-shift-D/E respectively if ADE is running on a Mac)

restart ADE, and reregister the ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines