• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reauthenticate my eReader?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I accidently posted my question in the Adobe Reader forum (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1181216?tstart=0 if you want to have a look), and they told me that the best way to get this to work would be by re-authenticate my eReader.

So my problem is that I authenticated my eReader (Sony PRS-650) with some random Adobe account for a long time ago, and I have no idea about which it was (and yes, I have tried several ones), and it feels like the best way would be to re-authenticate my reader, because I want to be able to use it with epub files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

You can deregister the Sony by hitting ctrl-shift-E to ADE (cmd-shift-E if using a Mac) with the Sony plugged in.

Then restart ADE, and reregister the device with the new AdobeID (that is, the AdobeID currently registered on ADE itself).

If you reauthenticate with a new Adobe ID, you will no longer be able to read any of the DRM books already on the device.

I can't see any way to find out which AdobeID you are currently registered with (I can see the uuid but not the user name).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can deregister the Sony by hitting ctrl-shift-E to ADE (cmd-shift-E if using a Mac) with the Sony plugged in.

Then restart ADE, and reregister the device with the new AdobeID (that is, the AdobeID currently registered on ADE itself).

If you reauthenticate with a new Adobe ID, you will no longer be able to read any of the DRM books already on the device.

I can't see any way to find out which AdobeID you are currently registered with (I can see the uuid but not the user name).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. I know that I'll lose all my books, but that's no big deal, because I only had books from the library... But I'll try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are bugs on ADE 2.0 that mean the Sony PRS-350 will not work with library books on ADE2.0.

May well be the same with PRS-650.

If so, replace ADE2.0 with the more reliable v1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines