Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry video and text after render CS6

Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently, I have been experiencing a problem with Premiere Pro CS6. For some reason, after I render video after adding some sort of effect (usually RGB curves), the rendered image is blurry in the program monitor. The same goes for text. I will go into RGB curves and tweak it just slightly to get it unrendered and it looks as sharp as can be. Exporting is a whole other issue. So, I render my footage and it all looks blurry, but the final exported mp4 looks just fine, except for the text. The text is still not sharp after render. For now, I do not render my text when I export and the text looks sharp in the final mp4. Anyway to fix this? Or is it just a bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

There are settings for your renders in the "Sequence Settings" dialog box.

Perhaps you could look under Sequence and Sequence Settings and show us what you see there. If you are editing at 1920X1080, for example, and your renders are half of that size, that could be the reason for you being unhappy with the Program Monitor but not your exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are all of your Display settings for Program Monitor?

Likely something in there.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my program monitor set to full for the playback resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

What is your Render setting?

[Should have asked that above, so I apologize.]

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean. Are you asking what my export settings are? If so, I export in h.264 format and I use the YouTube HD 1080 format. That is all I touch for export settings, if that is what you are asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are settings for your renders in the "Sequence Settings" dialog box.

Perhaps you could look under Sequence and Sequence Settings and show us what you see there. If you are editing at 1920X1080, for example, and your renders are half of that size, that could be the reason for you being unhappy with the Program Monitor but not your exports.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steven. That is exactly what I was talking about, but did not get back to this thread in a timely fashion.

Greatly appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

That was the issue. For some reason, the preview file format was set to QuickTime DV NTSC 720x480. Not sure how it got like that, but I will be sure to check that before starting a new sequence. Thanks for your help.

Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news, and thanks for posting back with the cause of the issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just discovered something else. Where I work, we use DSLRs and of course this requires external audio recording. We sync in Plural Eyes 3. Well, when we export the synced timeline from Plural Eyes to Premiere, it creates another sequence in our Premiere project. That sequence is always set to the standard def render setting. So for now, I will just be creating a master sequence to copy those files to. Just curious if there is anyone else using Plural Eyes 3 that has that same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into a similar issue with CS6 Premiere Pro. I have been working on a video for a couple days, and the previews have always looked fine. In fact, I have never had a problem with video footage previews looking sharp. Today, I did a preview render and the selected area turned very, very blurry. If I place the same footage elsewhere in the same time line, the portion that was previewed remains blurry, but the rest of the footage is sharp. This lead me to think something is wrong with my preview render files. I deleted the preview render files, and the footage looked fine until I rendered it again, and the blur came back.

Per Steven Gotz' comment, I looked at my Sequence Settings, and find that the dialog box options for Preview File Format are grayed out. Is there something I need to fix, or am I looking in the wrong area?

BTW, the final output render is perfectly fine when rendered with Media Encoder. I just want to fix the horridly blurry preview, as I am having a hard time evaluating my footage. I have never had this issue before, so I hope there is a simple fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to post a screen shot of your Sequence Settings so we can take a look.

This is what mine looks like and it is obvious that I can change the format. If yours is disabled, you may be using a setting that can't be changed, I suppose, and you might need to create a new sequence and set the preview format as you create the sequence.

Capture.PNG

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven - I am using a mix of AVCHD and MOV video files in the sequence. The sequence was created by dragging an AVCHD file onto the new file icon. I made another sequence with one of the MOV files, and in that case, the Preview File Format options ARE available in the Sequence Settings. Thus, I think the AVCHD files don't allow for changes in the Preview File Format.

Regardless, I have never had a problem with using footage from these two cameras (AVCHD from Panasonic GH2 and MOV from Canon 5D) in the past.

New info: The sequence also has an After Effects sequence within it. That also renders very blurry when I do a render preview. I only did a partial render preview of the area that the AE sequence appears. When I move my current time indicator past the rendered area, the AE data is sharp.

Something is wrong with my render previews...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What codec are you rendering to?

Post a screen shot.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Sequence Settings don't allow me to change the preview render codec (grayed out)

sequence settings.jpg

Here's an example of a placed AE sequence where a portion was preview rendered.

The preview rendered area becomes blurry:

render preview-blurry.jpg

As I move the current time indicator to a non-preview rendered area, the file returns to normal sharpness:

non-render-sharp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I created a new sequence and made sure my preview settings matched my source settings and then copied the timeline and pasted it in my new sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you have AVCHD and MOV video and yet you are editing DV. OK. It is common to edit at the smaller of the frame sizes. However, DV is defined by a set of rules and those rules are not at all kind to titles.  On top of that, you are editing 1920X1080 square pixels and previewing 720X480 rectangular pixels. That is apples and oranges. Very odd.

I don't see how you ended up with Quicktime DV as your editing codec and still have 1920X1080.

In any case, previewing DV will always have softer titles. There are ways to make it better, but it will never be as sharp as AVCHD at 1920X1080.

I suggest that you change to a non DV codec, and/or start editing at DV frame sizes if you are editing DV.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven - I have always created sequences by dragging my AVCHD footage onto the new file icon. I was under the impression that this would always create a sequence that matches my footage. Due to this method of making sequences, and never having an issue with blurry render previews, I never checked my sequence settings after they were created.

Here's something odd: I just created a couple new sequences by dragging footage to the new document icon, and the sequence settings now say my render previews are 1920x1080. I'm using the exact same footage I used to create the sequence I am having blurry footage with, so something clearly went awry after the problematic sequence was made. The point I'm trying to make is that I wonder if somehow my sequence settings got changed after the sequence was made. Maybe the sequence settings became corrupt?

I copied and pasted my footage into one of the new sequences, and as expected, the preview renders are sharp.

Thanks for your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any want to buy..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing you can do is just the built in render to get a huge avi file, then use media encoder to compress it. my 50 sec avi was 3.98 gb! it was very crisp. then i used ME H264 codec to compress it down. now its 12.5 mb!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was killing myself with this problem today. 

It also can be due to TEXT SCALING and font size. 

If you Scale your text too much, it will appear fine in the preview but when in full screen, it will not. 

in order to avoid this, you should INCREASE THE FONT SIZE within the text object, and SET TEXT OBJECT SCALE = 100%. 

Another possible solution is to use TrueType fonts (vector fonts) if you are using scaling animation.
Adobe premiere text problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another cause may arouse from Text Object resolution

If you created a text object with a small resolution (EG, 720p) and you're using a 1080p output, you are DEFINETLY gonna get chopped off text. 
Increasing the font size may bring you other padding and metric problems on the screen. 

If you are trying to increase a small resolution text into greater resolution screen, you may be doomed to make a new text object for each text, but with the new resolution. 

you may try and change Height and Width sizes in the legacy text options (see picture below).Adobe premiere text problem 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The source material is 3.3Mbps and the output is 6Mbps, is that a factor? Here's a screenshot of both. The one with subtitles is the edited, and the one without is source material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I have the same problem

So you have CS6 ???

What are the DETAILS of your computer and software and files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have CS6 I don't even know what that is but I'm guessing the problem is universaly caused by the same thing on different programs.

The source material is 1920x1040 MP4 3.3Mbps and the clip is 1280x720 6Mbps MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines