Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Structured FM and XML

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi--

I am a Framemaker newbie going through the Structured Application Developer Guide. I am stuck on page 40 of the guide, on which I'm supposed to open the FM template (with the dtd imported, etc.) as an xml page. When I do, the page is covered in xml tags. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to show without the tags. I can get xml pages to open with css applied--but not these xml files created from Framemaker.

I'm a newbie to mark-up languages as well as to Framemaker, so any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

[thread moved from FM General Discussion]

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have more luck in the Structured forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/framemaker/framemaker_structured

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To control tag visibility, you have some options in the View menu: Element Boundaries and Element Boundaries (as Tags).

Jeff's right  -- the Structured forum is better suited to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd move it, but I'm not a moderator ;>)

Arnis? Paging Arnis?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks for letting me know! It looks like this got moved...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, it looks like I'll have to create my own css for now and import it into the EDD. If anyone can help me use the read write rules created automatically by the EDD, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines