• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility with Windows 8, Office 2013?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to trial Adobe Presenter and Adobe Captivate. I have downloaded Presenter but cannot install it. I am getting an installation error with code 7: PowerPoint 64-bit cannot be found on my machine. Yet, in my Control Panel System Information it clearly states I am running 64-bit. Are these products compatible with Windows 8 and PowerPoint 2013? If so, what can I try next?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Presenter forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums

Adobe Presenter 8 is not certified and compatible with MS Office 2013 64bit.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have PowerPoint 64 bit use the 64 bit installer. If you have PowerPoint 32 bit, be sure to use the 32 bit installer. Your system may be 64 bit, but your MS PowerPoint may be 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe Presenter 8.1 - 32bit full installer update supports Windows 8 + Office 2013 32bit.

You can install Office 2013 32bit and then install Presenter 8.1. It will work.

As Jorma mentioned, please download the correct installer of PowerPoint. Look for 32bit installer only.

Regards,

mukul

Adobe Presenter Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PowerPoint 2013 (32-Bit) with Adobe Presenter Version 8.  Last night I created a presentation and it worked fine.  This am, for whatever reason, PowerPoint "re-started" and found a conflict with Adobe Presenter 8.  Now, I am unable to "add-in" the Presenter 8 tab into PowerPoint.

I have attempted to locate the "menulauncher.dll" file to no avail (at least Windows Search does not show it).

Did complete shutdown and restart. . .no effect.  Restarted PowerPoint multiple times.  When I go into PowerPoint ("Options") and Add-Ins, it shows that the Adobe Presenter PowerPoint COM Addin is active, but it is not showing on my Powerpoint and I'm unable to use Presenter 8.

Can you help?  Have you seen this before?

My system is running Windows 8, 64 bit (but 32 bit PowerPoint), operating system on "C" drive; Programs on "P" drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the dialog where you see the ad-ins, you should see a drop down to mange the add-ins. Select the Disabled option from the drop down, and then select Presenter and Enable it. Restart PPT and the Presenter ribbon should reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma:

When I open the "Disabled" option it says nothing...there are no add-in's showing as being "disabled."

When I check Adobe Presenter 8 under the "COM" add-ins, save, and re-start PowerPoint it still does not show.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try uninstalling and re-installing Presenter. If that doesn't work, then you may need to work with Support to identify the issue and its resolution. Someone from Support may chime in here, and give further guidance as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources