• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! FLASH PLAYER WILL NOT FINISH INSTALLING! (OSX 10.6) - In DESPERATE need of help.

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried 100 times to install the latest flash player, but it stops at 95% every time and never goes any farther. I've tried uninstalling, restarting, re-downloading the Flash Player, and repairing my disk permissions and NOTHING works! Because I uninstalled it, I now have NO flash player at all! Kind of panicking. I need it for things I use to make a living.What do I do?

I have a Mac Pro 6 Core 6.33GB / 16GB of Ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please download Flash Player from the following link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#installer

Close all browsers and double-click the downloaded file.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This continues to be a problem for years....most of the latest installs will not complete and stop at 95%. A force quit will terminate the installer BUT Flash WILL have been installed after all. But whatever it is supposed to happen after 95% never gets completed.This is after quitting all open apps, etc. So that is not the issue.

On some occasions, the installer for some versions have completed, but it has been a while since I have seen that happen. Currently on v19.0.0.226. On Mac OX X 10.6.8 on 27" 2010 iMac 2.93GHz i7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SEPTEMBER 2016

I wish someone from Adobe would just answer the question since it seems to be a known issue and it is a serious security concern.

I've also get the hang at 95% many times over the past year under 10.6.8 (all apps closed) trying to update my flash.

smayer97

installs will not complete and stop at 95%. A force quit will terminate the installer BUT Flash WILL have been installed after all.

Is that true?  Why does Check Now still show Update Available then?

It would be great if the actual latest version numbers were available to confirm if the player is actually up to date...

flash.png

Screen shot 2016-09-09 at 8.51.56 AM.png

Screen shot 2016-09-09 at 9.08.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, Latest version is 22.0.0.209 (I usually go directly to Flash site when my browser (FireFox) prompts me that it is out of date).

When I install I STILL get the hang at 95%. If I force quit. Flash DOES get installed anyway. I have even run the complete uninstall and reinstall but it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the update from both these links and installed each

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player Download  get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/osx/

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I still got the 95% hang, force quit,

and System Preferences is still showing 21.0.0.226

and the updater still showing the update

amayer97, I see you are running 10.6.8 same as me (I'm on 2008 Mac Pro, 10.6.8)

what am I missing?

Seeing is believing

both links state:

OSX 10.6 or later

Version 22.0.0.209

Screen shot 2016-09-09 at 12.54.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The latest Flash Player available in the market is 22.0.0.209. To check the latest version of Flash Player please check Adobe - Flash Player link.

Could you share the Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log from your machine. To get the log files please follow instructions from Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document​ and post the link to the uploaded files here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and ran the updater from this link again

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player Download  get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/osx/

It appears to have finally updated... THANK YOU!

Screen shot 2016-09-12 at 8.55.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it complete to 100% or stall again at 95%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure the installer went straight through completed,

The only thing that was different than the dozens of other 95% failed times was I had Console.app> install.log open and highlighted... maybe that's something to try if your 10.6.8 is hanging at 95...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here is another attempt that stalls at 95%. Installing 24.0.0.186 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. Force quit still shows flash player installed correctly.

BTW, happens with each and every installed version. Even performing uninstall and clean install seems to have no effect.

Here is the link to Log files:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Note I tried installation twice...Also NO Adobe log files were created or exist; only an empty Adobe folder in the logs folder.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the installer file you are using?

To confirm, Flash Player installs successfully, but still returns an error at 95% - Y/N?

When was the last time you successfully installed Flash Player without it failing at 95%?

When you say "Note I tried installation twice...Also NO Adobe log files were created or exist; only an empty Adobe folder in the logs folder." are you referring to the ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs directory, or a different directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

installer is labeled "Install Adobe Flash Player" in the dmg downloaded directly from Adobe.

Yes, installs completely but installer hangs at 95% and never "completes"...Have to always force quit, yet flash appears to function just fine afterwards.

Cannot remember last successful install without stalling at 95%. Maybe v19, maybe before.. Cannot be sure. But there was a time when it did complete 100%. But there was also a time before that when this problem occurred too. In other words, the problem came and went more than once. Now, it seems to be here for the past many versions.

There are no Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files that exist anywhere (as per the request to send those in). The only thing I have is an empty Adobe folder/directory in the log folder/directory. BTW it shows it was last created in 2012 and never modified since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the DMG file?

We have a few different installer file names and having the DMG file name will help identify which installer file you are using.

The FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file is created by the Flash Player installer, and it's only supposed to have Flash Player related items in it.  I see a bunch of non-Flash Player items.  I need to forward this to the installer engineer to investigate further and try to determine what's causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of the error window?  See How do I attach a screenshot?

You using the installer APP or are you extracting the PKG from the APP and using that?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error window....it is EXACTLY as shown by gator soup in the reply on Sep 9, 2016 13:02 above, here: Re: HELP! FLASH PLAYER WILL NOT FINISH INSTALLING! (OSX 10.6) - In DESPERATE need of help.

I open the DMG then run the app from the opened DMG, just as it should be. There is no PKG....it is a DMG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  I asked about the PKG because the APP installer, that you are using, contains a PKG file.  Some folks extract the PKG from the APP and use it.

When you go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the 'check now' button, what is the installed version?

Do you have more than one partition?  What is the name of the boot partition?

I'll forward this information to the installer engineer for further investigation.

<edited>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: PKG, Ok. thx.

reported and confirmed version is 24.0.0.186, as indicated originally.

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Firefox (NPAPI)

Your Operating System (OS)

Macintosh (OSX)

I have 5 drives, with several partitions. The partitions show up in the installer log. Note too how long it takes to go through all the partitions before it starts installing...several minutes. And in case you are wondering, I have left the installer for many many hours and it never completes past 95%.

Main boot partition is Boot X.6 R0-A.B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information.  We're going to investigate this further. I'll provide an update tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any update on this? BTW, just tried to install 24.0.0.194 today with same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay.  We are not able to reproduce this behaviour internally as such, it's quite difficult to troubleshoot.  While the installer dialog window is hanging, the installation does complete (based on your comments and the log file output).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok...BTW, when the installer reaches 95%, you it still takes a short while before the log reflects that the install in as far as it is...It is only when the log is fully written do I feel confident enough to force-quit the installer.

Please keep me (and others) posted on any progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines