• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate will not open open within Presenter (Trial version)...

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a subscriber to Adobe Captivate 6 and am in the middle of a 30 day trial of Adobe Presenter.  I use Windows 7 Enterprise and have the the 64 bit version of Adobe Captivate 6.  I also use Power Point 2007.

I cannot do a software simulation within Adobe Presenter.  When I try, I get the error message that Adobe Captivate cannot be started .... 

Can anyone help? 

Ryan

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

If you are working in Win8, then please run POWERPNT.EXE  in Admin mode. Right click on POWERPNT.EXE > proporties > Compatibility tab > Check the box 'Run this program as an Administrator' > Click OK

Again try to open software simulation from Presenter.

Please confirm if it works.

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Presenter Engg. Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vikram,

Like I mentioned, I have Windows 7 Enterprise, but I was still able to follow your instructions.  Unfortunately, the add-in is now missing when I open up Power Point...

Do I need to re-install it now?

Note : Before I followed your instructions, I tried to "preview" a Power Point presentation using Adobe Presenter - the file crashed each time it was creating the .swf file, and I received the error message that something was wrong with the Add-In and to deinstall it or to look for an update....

Like I said, though, the Adobe Presenter add-in is not even there anymore.

-Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You Presenter add-in may got disabled.

To enable follow these steps :-

File Tab > Options > Click on Add-ins > Click on bottom manage dropbox and select disabled items, click ok > select presenter and click on enable > restart Powerpoint.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vikram,

Yes, it seems to be disabled.  Where is "enable"? I couldn't find it.

Instead I clicked "Gehe zu" (Go to) COM-Add-Ins  (see first picture...)

Highlighted Adobe Presenter and clicked "Hinzufügen" (Add), but unfortunately, there seems to be no .exe file to add... (see second picture)

PowerPointAdd-Ins.pngAddAdd-In.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom manage dropbox,  instead of Com-Add-ins you need to choose Disabled items, then click on go. A new window pops up. In that window, select presenter and click on enable. After that restart the powerpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

Two problems solved :  Adobe Presenter is again visible in Power Point, and I can create app simulations with Captivate! : ) : )

Back to the problem I had earlier - Power Point crashes whenever I try to preview my Adobe Presenter project.  I get the error message "(keine Rückmeldung)" / No Response as it's creating the swf file...

SWFFile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional Info :

When I close Power Point (because it is stuck) I get the following message : Fatal error in Power Point with Adobe Presenter add-in.  If you have seen this error several times, you should deactivate the Add-In and check to see if an update is available.  Would you like to deactivate the add-In?  (This is probably what I accidentally did last time.)fatal error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding this issue error message "(keine Rückmeldung)" / No Response as it's creating the swf file...

It should display the preview window after sometimes. Please wait for sometimes, if No Response text comes. This issue is normally caused due to system load or performance issue. You may face similar issue while publishing, please wait for sometime, till publish finishes.

Regarding this issue.Fatal error in Power Point with Adobe Presenter add-in.  If you have seen this error several times, you should deactivate the Add-In and check to see if an update is available.  Would you like to deactivate the add-In?

Do you face this issue always? This issue normally arises due to faulty presenter installation or Windows 7 SP1 not installed. This error message doesn't hinder with normal Presenter functioning. If you choose to disable it from this error dialog, then you have to enable it again as per the above steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the help on this.  The “no response” message remained for over an half hour (went to eat lunch) .  I finally just restarted my computer and that did the trick.  All problems solved.  : )   The “fatal error” stopped showing up..

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources