• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit the Bullet point distance from the beginning of the sentence

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit the bullet point distance from the first word of the Sentence.

I tried the following:

• Opened Paragraph Styles
  • Click the top right corner dropdown and chose Style Options
  • Click on Bullets and Numbering
  • I Chose Bullets from the List Type dropdown
  • I changed the Tab Position to 5mm as a test

This worked, but..........

When I clicked on ok to close the Style options, every sentence in the document became a bullet list.

Every time I create a new sentence ina new Text box it is automatically converted to a bullet point

If I go back in and undo the Style then I lose all Bullet lists.

I am obviously doing the wrong thing.

I simply want to change the distance between the Bullet point and the Sentence by half, so that if I create a bullet list it will be a shorter distance. Similar to the above list!

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every sentence will be affected in the same paragraph, and all paragraphs with that style applied.

you need to create separate paragraph styles to suit.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.
Once you go to paragraph styles and adjust your bullet positioning.

You have to go back to the List type and put it back from bullets to none.
Now you can type and apply bullets to whatever you want without every sentence becoming a bullet.

Also for future reference. You can do a hard return. That is Shift and return at the same time will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bg+roseman  wrote

You can do a hard return. That is Shift and return at the same time will help.

FYI, terminology is a bit fluid, so not all will agree what something is called. That said, most people I've encountered think of a paragraph return and a hard return as the same thing, and a line break (shift return) and a soft return (soft, because it doesn't create a new paragraph) are two names for the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Macnimation,

What you could do is: select all the bullet point copy that you want changed, select the (burger icon) menu to the right of the screen. This is situated under the Customise Control Panel icon. (This menu will only show if you have selected the text first).

Then select "Bullets and Numbering..." from the menu, then choose from the "List Type" which style you want, and choose the "Tab Position" to your desired distance.

This will change bullet point distance, as well as affect all new bullet points created.

Hopefully this helps you out and others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where I find this problem is when there is a masked photo or illustration that changes the left margin of the bulleted list. The gap between the bullet and the first word can become quite large.

To solve this, I

1) put the cursor in front of the first word after the bullet,

2) hit delete (the space between the bullet and the word disappears),

3) hit the space bar to insert however many spaces you want after the bullet.

Three spaces seems to approximate the spacing I have after a bullet in a bulleted list, though other things seem to influence that spacing a bit. Naturally, use whatever seems right for your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines