• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did my form update stop submitting?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ColdFusion Application has forms that are editable and upon submit the database is updated. I am using an Access database. All my forms work, except one.  I have recoded it several times to no avail.  I have rebuilt the table as well. When I submit the form, I get a error message - "500 internal server error, there is a problem with the resource you are looking for and it cannot be displayed".  All my other forms submit the same way and have the same code except for the table name and field names and they work. When I change to method="get", I get the correct page to come up if I remove all the query code and I get my debug statement to show I made it to the page.  However, when I try to see my hidden values that I am passing, I get an error telling me that I have a 500 internal server error and that my form element "ID" is undefined.  As I stated before, this page is almost identical to others except for the survey content. My form has this:

I am using this to pass my hidden fields (I have several I am passing): My query is conditional: (UserID and Form_Date are the key fields) formfields="UserID,Form_Date,Comments,Form_Status"> formfields="UserID,Form_Date, q1, q2, q3, q4, q5, Comments,Form_Status">

Survey 1

Record #form.ID#,  #form.UserID# has been updated.

Continue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE

Our Administrator can edit the file, but is not able to save it. Is there a

reason why edits cannot be saved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

You can copy the file to your desktop, make the changes and save it. Once you are done, copy and paste the file back to the original location.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE

Thank you, Anit. I will pass that on and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim,

Many thanks!  I have been pulling my hair out trying to fix this via code.  I will pass this info on to our Administrator and see if this resolves my problems!

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation