• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standalone Flash Player needed

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need Flash Player standalone application for Windows, version 11.2 with Create Projector capability. The installers only install the Plugin. How can I get a specific version of the standalone player? I have version 10, but need 11.2. 11.1 might also work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

You will find all the version of Adobe Flash Player here : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. That's where I found the 11.2 installers that I tried. However, as far as I can tell, these installers do not include the Standalone Player application. Perhaps some releases include it and others don't. If so, how can I tell which ones have it so I don't need to try each of the 13 releases found on that page?

Flash Player has always been confusing in that the same name is used for an executable application, and a browser plugin (and an IE extension). I'm in need of the application. Should I be looking for something else on the archive page other than the Flash Player installer?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the 11.2.202.235 archive (159 MB); it contains flashplayer11_2r202_235_win_sa_32bit.exe (for Windows), as well as a Mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found it. Thank you.

I was expecting the installation process to create the Player inside the Flash / Players directory, where Version 10 of the Player can be found. I was also looking for it inside the 64 bit folder, where I was extracting the plugin from. Finally, the file name of the player blends in with the various installer and zip files. I didn't realize that "_sa_" indicated Stand Alone.

It's not very intuitive, but after this ordeal I'm unlikely to make this mistake again.

Thank you both for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines