Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing Mapping IDs

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have merged 2 individual projects to form a master project. In the master project I'm not able to assign Map IDs.

Few points to note:

1. I have assigned map IDs in individual child projects.

2. I have generated the webhelp seperately for the child projects.

Kindly let me know how to manage mapping IDs in merged project.

Thanks,

Panendra P.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Panendra,

When you were publishing the child project, did you select the Map Files your created in Child project which had topics assigned to respective Map IDs.

Ideally, if the above scenario has been taken of, you should have your Master Project work as a Context Sensitive help.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjaneai,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did select the map files while generating the webhelp for the child projects. But, still I'm not getting merged map IDs in my master project.

And also, can you please let me know th process to merge projects. This is only to compare my step with the proposed one.

Thanks,

Panendra P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can read up on merged help at: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/merging_webhelp/merged_help.htm

Calling merged help works just as calling regular Webhelp:

Are the id's you use unique? Make sure you don't have id 1 defined in both the master project and in the child project.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

I have given unique IDs in both the child projects and have generated the webhelp out of them. As we all know that the master project should not contain any topic other than the default one. I'm not getting child project topics in master project to assign map IDs.

Please help me to reslove this issue as it very important for me to merge projects and assign IDs to them.

Thanks,

Panendra P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the SSL properties for every child project, did you select the correct map file to be used in the output?

Capture1.png

If you have, can you please share your project with me? I would then like to take a look at what's going on. You can contact me on contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know how to share my project as I don't have option to upload my project.

Regards,

Panendra P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp