• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to customize how search results display in RH10?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our organization recently upgraded from RH7 to RH10.  While using RH7, one of our technical writers discovered the HelpScribe blog/website in efforts to enhance the old alphabetical search results.  Our users have grown accustomed to have the search results "grouped" between "Recommended" and "Other" topics, and are requesting we make that happen with the RH10 search results.  Users are okay with the ranking; so, we're not concerned with getting the list to alphabetize (I noticed how to do that in another post), we just want to have the results group accordingly so that if the searched keyword appears in the topic title, it shows up under "Recommended," and if the keyword is in the topic, but not in the title, it appears under "Other Topics."  Upon glancing through the whfhost.js file in RH10, I suspect that it might require a bit of additional coding.  I realize this is a forum of authors, and not necessarily RH developers, but I would appreciate any input or ideas you may have (or a code snippet that will make this happen ).

That said, I am tasked with attempting to answer a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to modify the search file to "group" the results so that results are displayed as described above?

2. If so, how much effort might it require (i.e. a couple of hours from someone who has some knowledge of javasript, or, say, 20+ hours from a javascript developer)?

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not seen anyone post the solution to your problem so it might be worth investigating ZoomSearch.

How to intergrate it into Rh is described on my site. ZoomSearch has various options to weight results far more than you can in Rh. You might consider having two search buttons, one labelled Recommended and one labelled Other, which access search results where you have applied different weightings.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp